Why is It So Hard to Find Agents Who Want to Work?

Pay the recruit a salary. Simple and plain, people in general are not ready to move mentality from the security of a salary to the uncertainty of commission only income. So, here is the strategy we use;

1. Build a business model that creates X amount of revenue.
EX. X cases sold = $ amount of revenue

2. Pay the recruit $ : 25% (whatever amount fits your business model)

That's the over simplified version of what I do.

It's the model TX uses and seems to be working well for him. It's actually the model of basically the entire insurance industry.

Anyone want to take a stab at the percentage of premiums that come from "at home" independent agents? Not much - especially in the P&C and life markets.

If I had to do it over again - be a general agent - I'd get an office, pay salary and their assess would hit the chairs at 8am sharp.

Last edited:
That is an easy question to answer only 3 percent of the people who work in this industry will do any work. It is the same for every insurance product on the market. If everyone who got the license could do it. everyone would have insurance and we could not make as much money everyone would sell themselves a policy

The problem is everyone is trying to make the most money with the less amount of work.

Selling insurance is not an easy job. It is a Career!

Perhaps you are wondering why you need to have insurance. After all, you may be young and healthy, so why pay the money for an insurance policy? The answer to this question varies depending on the type of insurance your considering, but as a whole insurance is an important part of your financial plan.
And this is that you have so this is forum is good.

Perhaps you are wondering why you need to have insurance. After all, you may be young and healthy, so why pay the money for an insurance policy? The answer to this question varies depending on the type of insurance your considering, but as a whole insurance is an important part of your financial plan.
And this is that you have so this is forum is good.

Thank you for that information, ricky! ;)

Back