$10,000 Budget Vs $500 Budget

Don't be that guy .... if you don't take the risk of buying your own leads then don't expect to run around and do that stuff. They aren't "your" leads. If an agent signs up for its not my problem.

How did they meet the client originally ?

1st of all, the company will try to apply the non solicit to every piece of business you write whether the client was developed from their lead or not. If you read the non competes / non solicits in contracts, no where do they specify clients they developed for you.

2nd. The non solicit, in most cases does does specify a line of business. If I left a company that only wrote FE insurance, I would not hesitate to call back to present cancer coverage.

3rd. I will never have the problem because I will never sign a contract with a non solicit / non compete clause. :)

1st of all, the company will try to apply the non solicit to every piece of business you write whether the client was developed from their lead or not. If you read the non competes / non solicits in contracts, no where do they specify clients they developed for you.

2nd. The non solicit, in most cases does does specify a line of business. If I left a company that only wrote FE insurance, I would not hesitate to call back to present cancer coverage.

3rd. I will never have the problem because I will never sign a contract with a non solicit / non compete clause. :)

1st. So how does that help your argument? Lol

2nd. You didn't say that originally. I wouldn't sell them FE. I've never been broke and had to make that decision though.

3rd. I never have either but doesn't change how I feel about it nor does it make it a good business practice.

1st. So how does that help your argument? Lol

2nd. You didn't say that originally. I wouldn't sell them FE. I've never been broke and had to make that decision though.

3rd. I never have either but doesn't change how I feel about it nor does it make it a good business practice.

(1st)... You seemed to indicate you would never call back on those that you met through their leads.. But would you call back on your aunt or uncle you sent to them? If you did, that would violate the non solicit.

For the record, I would not go back and replace business even in the absence of a non compete.

(1st)... You seemed to indicate you would never call back on those that you met through their leads.. But would you call back on your aunt or uncle you sent to them? If you did, that would violate the non solicit.

I've never written my aunt or uncle lol I get 20-30 new leads a week, no need to. IF that happened I probably would pass it to another agent and let them buy me beer or something.

But I wouldn't call back on old leads...If they spent 600 on me the least I can do is give them the business back. Y'all try to act like people buying other people leads is criminal yet I know for a FACT nearly every imo does it by a case by case basis here. I've done my research. I don't think it's that bad to not write business on leads you didn't buy. Does it not seem shady to you in the slightest? Does it make you wonder why this industry has terrible business practices?

Don't be that guy .... if you don't take the risk of buying your own leads then don't expect to run around and do that stuff. They aren't "your" leads. If an agent signs up for its not my problem.

How did they meet the client originally ?

Would that be any different than me putting a client that I got by telemarketing my own lead 20 years ago with a company, then if I can give them a better deal with another company, I can't because it says so in the contract. That's my client that I brought to them.

Would that be any different than me putting a client that I got by telemarketing my own lead 20 years ago with a company, then if I can give them a better deal with another company, I can't because it says so in the contract. That's my client that I brought to them.

Were you on salary? Was the client off a list provided by the company?

So would you replace that business in the first year if you found a better deal in that time frame? What's twenty years got to do with it?

Were you on salary? Was the client off a list provided by the company?

So would you replace that business in the first year if you found a better deal in that time frame? What's twenty years got to do with it?

Because many companies have it written in the contract that you will not replace any of their business...even if you didn't write it. (I'm talking about the insurance companies, not the agency/IMO).

Here's the deal. When I sell a policy, much of that sale was due to me, not the lead card that was sent in and certainly not the upline that I am with. When I make that sale I've given the upline their money back. Once I leave them, I know that they certainly didn't lose money because I was selling for them. If I didn't assign commissions, then that client is mine. Like has been said before, I wouldn't replace the business, but I sure would add on if I could. If the aforesaid upline hadn't done that already, then someone's going to write it, why not me? Since the upline has already made their money it's an even playing field from that point. If they want to write more business with that client then they should be contacting them. Chances are great that they never will though.

After a couple of years though....all bets and former deals are off!

Because many companies have it written in the contract that you will not replace any of their business...even if you didn't write it. (I'm talking about the insurance companies, not the agency/IMO).

Here's the deal. When I sell a policy, much of that sale was due to me, not the lead card that was sent in and certainly not the upline that I am with. When I make that sale I've given the upline their money back. Once I leave them, I know that they certainly didn't lose money because I was selling for them. If I didn't assign commissions, then that client is mine. Like has been said before, I wouldn't replace the business, but I sure would add on if I could. If the aforesaid upline hadn't done that already, then someone's going to write it, why not me? Since the upline has already made their money it's an even playing field from that point. If they want to write more business with that client then they should be contacting them. Chances are great that they never will though.

After a couple of years though....all bets and former deals are off

Yea so you'd be sitting in that clients house if you didn't get the lead lol NOPE

Who cares how "much that sale was due to you". Did you pay to be in front of the client?

I've never written my aunt or uncle lol I get 20-30 new leads a week, no need to. IF that happened I probably would pass it to another agent and let them buy me beer or something.

But I wouldn't call back on old leads...If they spent 600 on me the least I can do is give them the business back. Y'all try to act like people buying other people leads is criminal yet I know for a FACT nearly every imo does it by a case by case basis here. I've done my research. I don't think it's that bad to not write business on leads you didn't buy. Does it not seem shady to you in the slightest? Does it make you wonder why this industry has terrible business practices?

Just to make sure we are on the same page... I would never try to write another company on a lead that a company provided me. If I take their lead, I present their product...

The problem I see with the Non-Compete agreement is that some of these insurance agencies/IMO's, "now I'm not going to mention any names", but some of them say that if you actually leave the agency, you can't even write that type of business for a year...

Interesting convo on non competes. I don't like them (I've had to sign them with another company) but I also understand them. If a company, like in my case many years ago, trained Me, invested in me, and showed me secrets to the business or in this case sales strategies...wouldn't it make sense? I wouldn't sign it, but if I needed some hand holding and some financing then I don't see the issue.

Back