$10,000 Budget Vs $500 Budget

Were you on salary? Was the client off a list provided by the company?

So would you replace that business in the first year if you found a better deal in that time frame? What's twenty years got to do with it?

My point was that I created that lead that I sold. I called names out of the phone book. Now I call names on targeted data list from ListShack. How can a company claim that that's theirs?

My 1st loyalty is to my client. They were my client when I place them with a company, and if I have a chance to put my client in a better situation, then that's what I'll do.

Let's say you have to write somebody a Graded or Modified policy, and after they've had that policy a while they can qualify for Level with another company at a lower rate. Will you switch them? I sure will.

This is my 35th year selling insurance, and I've never been on a salary...straight commissions all the way.

My point was that I created that lead that I sold. I called names out of the phone book. Now I call names on targeted data list from ListShack. How can a company claim that that's theirs?

My 1st loyalty is to my client. They were my client when I place them with a company, and if I have a chance to put my client in a better situation, then that's what I'll do.

Let's say you have to write somebody a Graded or Modified policy, and after they've had that policy a while they can qualify for Level with another company at a lower rate. Will you switch them? I sure will.

This is my 35th year selling insurance, and I've never been on a salary...straight commissions all the way.

Okay then I don't have a problem with it. You got the lead. I'm only talking about people not buying leads.

Would you replace your own business in the first year if you found a better deal for your client? My guess is you would not. So now who is your loyalty to? I don't believe in doing that. I represent companies I like doing business with and I'm comfortable with what I offer. I won't be replacing my own policies ever.

Okay then I don't have a problem with it. You got the lead. I'm only talking about people not buying leads.

Would you replace your own business in the first year if you found a better deal for your client? My guess is you would not. So now who is your loyalty to? I don't believe in doing that. I represent companies I like doing business with and I'm comfortable with what I offer. I won't be replacing my own policies ever.

You bet I would. I know we're talking life insurance here, and this situation wouldn't come up that often. I'm a Med Supp guy and this is part of the Med Supp business...if I don't put them with a lower priced policy, another agent will.

If in the example I gave, If I wrote a Graded or Modified policy on somebody and they later qualified for Level at a lower rate with another company...if I don't move them to another company, another agent will.

I get the feeling that you're hinting that I wouldn't switch them in the 1st year because of a chargeback. I'll take the chargeback and more than make it up with the new company...and insure that I keep the client...not to mention referrals because that client knows that I have his best interests in mind.:yes:

Don't you do replacements with people when can put them in a better situation?

Okay, how about this....You were with a company that supplied leads to you. You have now left that company. You are with another IMO that helps to subsidize your leads. 18 months after you left the first company, you get a fresh lead to a client that you had already sold through the 1st IMO. You now have companies that are better for your client even though it's 18 months later. What do you do?

Okay, how about this....You were with a company that supplied leads to you. You have now left that company. You are with another IMO that helps to subsidize your leads. 18 months after you left the first company, you get a fresh lead to a client that you had already sold through the 1st IMO. You now have companies that are better for your client even though it's 18 months later. What do you do?

Add on? Was that supposed to be a difficult decision?

No wonder you all have to carry so many companies lol

Add on? Was that supposed to be a difficult decision?

No wonder you all have to carry so many companies lol

I did say that you have something better for your client. I didn't say the client needed MORE insurance, just looking for something better for them. That would either mean lower premiums or higher face for the same premium.

I did say that you have something better for your client. I didn't say the client needed MORE insurance, just looking for something better for them. That would either mean lower premiums or higher face for the same premium.

If they mailed another card in they need more insurance. I would still just try to add on. Maybe get a referral out of it?

Do you go around replacing all your policies? Companies must love you. Lol You tell your agents to do this?

To answer the modified to level question I would call whatever company I wrote it with to see what we could do.

It's so rare that this happens anyways...I get 20 leads a week.

If they mailed another card in they need more insurance. I would still just try to add on. Maybe get a referral out of it?

Do you go around replacing all your policies? Companies must love you. Lol You tell your agents to do this?

To answer the modified to level question I would call whatever company I wrote it with to see what we could do.

I thought I asked the question as direct as I could but I guess not. Don't go assuming that I go replacing all my policies or anthing like that. I'm talking hypotheticals here, but you're not playing the same game I am right now...so I'll just drop it.

By the way, I try my best to teach my agents to do the best thing for the client. That may or may not always be the best for the agent, the IMO, or the insurance company. The client is the bottom line...period.

Come on Dude, people send cards in all the time that aren't looking for more coverage. They're looking to see if they can save money or get more coverage for the same premium.:yes:

As far as calling the company you wrote them Modified with to see what they could do...wouldn't you already know what they could do? :err:

So you don't replace other agent's policies?:skeptical:

Come on Dude, people send cards in all the time that aren't looking for more coverage. They're looking to see if they can save money or get more coverage for the same premium.:yes:

As far as calling the company you wrote them Modified with to see what they could do...wouldn't you already know what they could do? :err:

So you don't replace other agent's policies?:skeptical:

I'm not replacing my own business! Lol

Idk I have good working relationships with everyone. I bet I could pull something off because they know I only would bring cases I really needed help with.

Back