$10,000 Budget Vs $500 Budget

I would probably replace, however some carriers contracting verbiage says that replacing your own business is cause for termination. So, you'd have to weigh that risk.

I would probably replace, however some carriers contracting verbiage says that replacing your own business is cause for termination. So, you'd have to weigh that risk.

Some companies will terminate for cause if you replace any of their business no matter who wrote it.

I would replace, have replaced and will continue to replace my own business IF it's the best thing for the customer. I've had many many instances where I have had to write graded, modified or even GI for a given client because of a specific issue that I know will clear up given enough time. I will actually put that client on my calendar and call them back at that later date to find out if their condition has been cleared up.

Trinity does not look kindly on replacing, but honestly I can't think of a situation where I would ever need to replace a level benefit policy if I'm writing them correctly to begin with. If I found a better place to put a client than they were with Trinity I would call Alvin and tell him why, I don't for a second think he would give me the boot...I've earned more than a little respect with them.

These scenarios should only really occur in graded or worse cases no? I suppose if cancer get's cured tomorrow we would all have a field day or two replacing crappy GI policies.

Lets say you had a renewal base of $1000 a month with a carrier. Would you take a chance of replacing that company and risk losing your renewals? I can't see a big carrier like Trans matching replacement forms with agents names but it wouldn't surprise me if small carriers do.

Lets say you had a renewal base of $1000 a month with a carrier. Would you take a chance of replacing that company and risk losing your renewals? I can't see a big carrier like Trans matching replacement forms with agents names but it wouldn't surprise me if small carriers do.

I would, unless I'm missing something they wouldn't legally be able to cancel my renewals. Again, this hypothetical situation would rarely if ever occur. If I'm not writing my client at one of the best level rates to begin with I'm doing a disservice.

I suppose that I would consider replacing someone level if they truly stopped smoking and now qualify for a NS rate, but again I don't see that happening very often.

Replacing a GI, graded or modified is most common.

Back