$10,000 Budget Vs $500 Budget

Bcrane0305

Guru
100+ Post Club
Would love to hear the imos on here how they would proceed with new agent limited or no sales experience. For example: new sales agent saying he had 10k budget vs 500 budget. (Plan of attack to put some business on the books)

I would never recommend starting on a $500 budget. If I had that I would buy a list and door
knock until I had enough to get on a regular DM order.

10k would give a person 30 leads a week for around 3 months. I would advise lots of ride along time before your first leads came in. As soon as the finances start balancing out up the order to 40 a week and get an appointment setter.

Understand that you aren't going to see real income until month 13 plus.

If we are talking totally from scratch, I question whether it is possible to start with $500, even after the costs of obtaining a license.

You would need a cell phone and plan. Don't know about a landline. Maybe a fax machine. Something for a computer. Don't know if that is a tablet or desktop or both. A car. (or the tradeoff for a car might be to work only in a large urban area using public transport.) Maybe some certification courses? I think those are definitely necessary in the Medicare area, don't know about FE. If startup goes long enough-continuing education costs become a factor. A budget for postage and office supplies. It seems like I had a couple of other things in mind once, but I can't remember what they are now.

And then the ever present need for buyers, I think the options are buying some type of leads; or buying and organizing some type of lists and then door knocking those.

I don't know what realistic cost figures for all that are, but I would think more than $500.

----------

I would never recommend starting on a $500 budget. If I had that I would buy a list and door

10k would give a person 30 leads a week for around 3 months. I would advise lots of ride along time before your first leads came in. As soon as the finances start balancing out up the order to 40 a week and get an appointment setter.

Is sharing like that enough of a reality in the business that a lot of ride along is possible? and do customers get upset, afraid etc when confronted with 2 individuals instead of just one?

Would love to hear the imos on here how they would proceed with new agent limited or no sales experience. For example: new sales agent saying he had 10k budget vs 500 budget. (Plan of attack to put some business on the books)

Yes, I've posted this before because it breaks down numbers for a plan of attack, for an agent with under 3K to invest into his/her business!

Last edited by a moderator:

If it was a new agent with little to no sales experience, regardless of budget, I would recommend starting at a good captive shop with free leads until they learned everything and risked their own money.

If it was a new agent with little to no sales experience, regardless of budget, I would recommend starting at a good captive shop with free leads until they learned everything and risked their own money.

Even if the new agent had to sign a non compete agreement?:no:

Even if the new agent had to sign a non compete agreement?:no:

Non competes are so common to me just from my friends signing with larger companies (not insurance) I don't see them as much of a negative but the thing I don't like is that you can't sell even outside companies you are contracted with. I don't think you should be able to get leads then go to another imo. A non compete stops that sort of? Idk... this industry is so odd at the end of the day lol

If I was broke and had to make money I'd probably sign a non compete if it was only for the companies they contracted me with.

Non competes are so common to me just from my friends signing with larger companies (not insurance) I don't see them as much of a negative but the thing I don't like is that you can't sell even outside companies you are contracted with. I don't think you should be able to get leads then go to another imo. A non compete stops that sort of? Idk... this industry is so odd at the end of the day lol

If I was broke and had to make money I'd probably sign a non compete if it was only for the companies they contracted me with.

The problem I see with the Non-Compete agreement is that some of these insurance agencies/IMO's, "now I'm not going to mention any names", but some of them say that if you actually leave the agency, you can't even write that type of business for a year...

I like it.... thanks For input

Back