1st of MANY You-tube Vids

SPUR CITY

Guru
1000 Post Club
I'm starting to put together some short 5-10 min vids for my guys but I decided to share this one since INCOME and EXPENSES were being talked about in a recent thread. I didn't think this video through much but I slapped it together in 10 minutes so be easy on me. I'll erase it soon and break it further down into personal expenses and business expenses but this might help a couple of agents get the gist.

Last edited:
oh hell yeah! that was great! Thanks so much! OK, so do you keep track of percentages of leads closed or appointments set or do you just go to work and do it. How closely do you track this stuff and does it matter? At what point do you throw a lead away? Do you ever throw anything else in the mix other than direct mail leads? TM, internet, or TV leads?

I'm starting to put together some short 5-10 min vids for my guys but I decided to share this one since INCOME and EXPENSES were being talked about in a recent thread. I didn't think this video through much but I slapped it together in 10 minutes so be easy on me. I'll erase it soon and break it further down into personal expenses and business expenses but this might help a couple of agents get the gist.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=57hd6yoPm-Y&video_referrer=watch

Absolutely fantastic video man thanks for sharing.

If you'd make a video that simply covers your presentation I think you'd be giving this forum something truly invaluable and many of us would be forever in your debt.

Why are your leads costing you so much? $35 each? Isn't that nearly $450 more a week then they should cost? Including the up charges for the filters?

Aren't EFES leads only $28 in Texas?

Last edited:
If you put on the $2 filters of 55-75,no p.o boxes and income of $10-$50k that puts you at $35 a lead with several imo's with Rgi for the lead that says "life insurance". Fex isn't there yet because you just started the program. But once you get some history i'm sure Rgi will raise your base cost to the $29 area for a lead that says "life insurance" . The generic e-64 lead is still $26 with Rgi with several Imo's.

----------

First of all nice deposits Spur. A few questions. I'm assuming those deposits are including your overrides? What % of your total deposits are overrides? The reason I ask is overrides are mostly a non expense related payment. For instance to get x amount of Ap one must buy x amount of leads and use x amount of gas. The more Ap you do the more expense you have. That's not true with overrides. So overriding is a much more profitable form of commissions. Another thing is if you make $500k gross you need to withhold at least 30-32% for federal and fica. In a state with lets say 6% state taxes one making that kind of income would have net taxes of 35-38% after expenses. A discussion on the expenses an agent can write off would be great.

oh hell yeah! that was great! Thanks so much! OK, so do you keep track of percentages of leads closed or appointments set or do you just go to work and do it. How closely do you track this stuff and does it matter? At what point do you throw a lead away? Do you ever throw anything else in the mix other than direct mail leads? TM, internet, or TV leads?

No I don't keep track of how many leads I close. I have a rough estimate in my head but that's about it. I mainly just put my head down, get to work and I know the numbers will take care of themselves as long as I'm writing business.

When I first started no lead was thrown away until they told me to get lost or died. Now, if I meet with them and they don't buy the first time in the house it's usually not a good sign. I don't waste too much time on that kind of stuff I concentrate on what's ahead.

Yes, I have worked just about any type of lead out there but as of right now I am only working 45 direct mail leads.

----------

Absolutely fantastic video man thanks for sharing. If you'd make a video that simply covers your presentation I think you'd be giving this forum something truly invaluable and many of us would be forever in your debt.

Yes this was something I slept together in 10 minutes and it's the first of a series of videos I will be making. I will go through my presentation and break it down piece by piece. I will explain why I say certain things during the presentation and why I do the things that I do to help make sales. Sort of the psychology behind the sale.

Other videos will be coming shortly...

----------

Why are your leads costing you so much? $35 each? Isn't that nearly $450 more a week then they should cost? Including the up charges for the filters? Aren't EFES leads only $28 in Texas?

Right now I am slapping all the filters on my leads as a test drive. I have worked the leads with no filters and I have tried every single lead with only one filter on there but as of right now I am working all the filters. I do it this way mainly for my guys, so when they ask me what I would recommend I can talk about it from real life field experiences.

If you put on the $2 filters of 55-75,no p.o boxes and income of $10-$50k that puts you at $35 a lead with several imo's with Rgi for the lead that says "life insurance". Fex isn't there yet because you just started the program. But once you get some history i'm sure Rgi will raise your base cost to the $29 area for a lead that says "life insurance" . The generic e-64 lead is still $26 with Rgi with several Imo's.

----------

First of all nice deposits Spur. A few questions. I'm assuming those deposits are including your overrides? What % of your total deposits are overrides? The reason I ask is overrides are mostly a non expense related payment. For instance to get x amount of Ap one must buy x amount of leads and use x amount of gas. The more Ap you do the more expense you have. That's not true with overrides. So overriding is a much more profitable form of commissions. Another thing is if you make $500k gross you need to withhold at least 30-32% for federal and fica. In a state with lets say 6% state taxes one making that kind of income would have net taxes of 35-38% after expenses. A discussion on the expenses an agent can write off would be great.

If you mean by they "just started" the RGI program as the first of this year then you would be correct.

Back