3 Reasons for Sending in the Reply Card

RobInMich

Expert
I saw a reference to this as I was browsing another thread, and I've been unable to find the post being referenced. It was about asking your prospect which of three reasons was the reason they had mailed in the card to uncover their needs. Is anyone familiar with this method that could explain it? What are the "three reasons" you use?

I cant remember where I saw this at, but it was good. I saw it on the phone guru Mr Coleman video the other day also.

If I had to quicky guess.

1. Is need for the product.

They don't have anything for final expense

They have some insurance but they feel they need a little more

they want to leave something for someone, often called a legacy.

and the big one

I thought it was free.

I saw a reference to this as I was browsing another thread, and I've been unable to find the post being referenced. It was about asking your prospect which of three reasons was the reason they had mailed in the card to uncover their needs. Is anyone familiar with this method that could explain it? What are the "three reasons" you use?

The 3 reason I know about & use are-

1) You dont have anything to protect your fam if something should happen to u & u didnt want to be that burden or....

2) You have a lil insurance, but not enough or not sure if it's enough so u wanted to check into some more or.....

3) You're final expenses are taken care of, BUT u wanted to leave some seed money for spouse/kids/grandkids and/or to pay off some debt u may owe....

Which of these was your reason of sending in the card Mr Prospect?

Depends on if they have insurance or a burial plan in place already. Those that have something in place will want to know whether what they have is enough, or they actually want to add more because of all the other fees out there that you will show them with your presentation.

4 main reasons:
Funeral and Burial
Obligations: Bills, Loans, Medical Bills(Seventy percent of a prospect’s lifetime medical expenses are often incurred in battling a final illness.), Taxes
Spouse Support: self explanitory
3 Ch's: Children, Church or Charity

If they have something in place, find the holes, whether its a preneed policy that doesn't cover cemetary costs or burial, or a life insurance policy that you can beat their premium on or is from Globe or AARP or LH...

Leaving a legacy is only as good as planning and funding for one...

I've seen JD post the 3 reasons people send in the cards.

This is what I saved from his posts:

1) No life insurance to cover their funerals.

2) Not enough coverage and want to add a little more.

3) Want to see if you are paying too much for current life insurance and could possibly lower your rate.

I've started using that in the field...having good results.

I've seen JD post the 3 reasons people send in the cards.

This is what I saved from his posts:

1) No life insurance to cover their funerals.

2) Not enough coverage and want to add a little more.

3) Want to see if you are paying too much for current life insurance and could possibly lower your rate.

I've started using that in the field...having good results.

Actually it's when I get to the home and then go over the lead card with them and then I say,
we find there are 3 reason that people return these to us. Number 1 is that they do not have anyting in place to take care of their funeral, burial or other final expenses. Number 2 is becuae they do have a little bit in place and need to supplement what they have or possibly to even save money on what they have. Number 3 is because they have all that taken care of and just wanted to leave some money to the family, the church or to a charity."

If I have to ask which one of those was their reason I know I'm in a bad spot. It's rare that I go through all 3 and have to ask, but it does happen.

60% stop me at number 1 and say that's why they sent it in. I don't bother to go into 2 and 3 once they have told me the reason. 35% stop me at number 2. I don't bother to go to number 3 once they have told me why they sent it in. 5% say number 3. I love to get that one because I have a sold a policy in every instance where they told me that was the reason. It just doesn't seem to be the reason very often.

Those numbers come to 100%. That's not to say that everyone says it was one of those reasons. That's just the brakdown for the ones that do agree it was one of those.

If they say it was none of those I just simply ask, why did you send it then? If they can't give me a reason I give them my card and leave. I do not go into a presentation when they will not give me a reason for my being there.

That doesn't happen very often because I schedule appointments and most people that could not give a reason are the ones that will not schedule with you. The occasional flake does fall through the cracks though.

Actually it's when I get to the home and then go over the lead card with them and then I say,
we find there are 3 reason that people return these to us. Number 1 is that they do not have anyting in place to take care of their funeral, burial or other final expenses. Number 2 is becuae they do have a little bit in place and need to supplement what they have or possibly to even save money on what they have. Number 3 is because they have all that taken care of and just wanted to leave some money to the family, the church or to a charity."

If I have to ask which one of those was their reason I know I'm in a bad spot. It's rare that I go through all 3 and have to ask, but it does happen.

60% stop me at number 1 and say that's why they sent it in. I don't bother to go into 2 and 3 once they have told me the reason. 35% stop me at number 2. I don't bother to go to number 3 once they have told me why they sent it in. 5% say number 3. I love to get that one because I have a sold a policy in every instance where they told me that was the reason. It just doesn't seem to be the reason very often.

Those numbers come to 100%. That's not to say that everyone says it was one of those reasons. That's just the brakdown for the ones that do agree it was one of those.

If they say it was none of those I just simply ask, why did you send it then? If they can't give me a reason I give them my card and leave. I do not go into a presentation when they will not give me a reason for my being there.

That doesn't happen very often because I schedule appointments and most people that could not give a reason are the ones that will not schedule with you. The occasional flake does fall through the cracks though.

Of those that don't choose one of the three reasons, how many say, "3) Want to see if I am paying too much for current life insurance and could possibly lower my rate." And, of those, if any, how many are just that..rate shoppers that don't buy anything?

Of those that don't choose one of the three reasons, how many say, "3) Want to see if I am paying too much for current life insurance and could possibly lower my rate." And, of those, if any, how many are just that..rate shoppers that don't buy anything?

That is reason number 2. I said about 35% of the people say it was that reason. I don't know what % of those are wanting to supplement or just to save money, I would say it's most of them want to know if they are paying too mauch for what they do have. Most of them are paying too much. I've replaced Bankers Life and LH policies that are 6 and 7 years old and can still save them money. Or, many times on those older polices I can put them paying about the same, but they can get their cash value. That's a really big deal in this demographic.

That is reason number 2. I said about 35% of the people say it was that reason. I don't know what % of those are wanting to supplement or just to save money, I would say it's most of them want to know if they are paying too mauch for what they do have. Most of them are paying too much. I've replaced Bankers Life and LH policies that are 6 and 7 years old and can still save them money. Or, many times on those older polices I can put them paying about the same, but they can get their cash value. That's a really big deal in this demographic.

Sorry.. I saw the "add to" but overlooked the "save money" in #2.. Anytime you can hold out the hope of putting money in their pocket, it is a big deal in almost any demographic.. :yes:

Back