30k a Month Club

Agentguy5

Guru
1000 Post Club
Vero Beach
I would love to connect with producers that write around 30k a month in order to share a few things about what they are doing for/about

• Retention
• Leads
• Sanity “possible too late for me”

It seems that this would be a thread that could be beneficial for everyone. In the past 2 years, I realize that I went through 3 different stages.

1. Door knocking while trying to get some sort of rhythm down along with learning the carriers, learning a presentation, along with figuring out how to get 15-20 leads a week
2. Upping leads to 30-40 a week, setting appointments on the phone, door knocking leads that are blown on the phone or that don’t answer, while tightening up my approach and getting the presentation fluent
3. 60+ Leads a week, using appointment setter full time, increasing average AP per sale while spending less time with clients that are not interested or don’t have the need for coverage

Have you noticed a big jump in production since going to using an appointment setter over door knocking?

Are you ordering more leads than when you door knocked?

I would love to connect with producers that write around 30k a month in order to share a few things about what they are doing for/about

• Retention
• Leads
• Sanity “possible too late for me”

It seems that this would be a thread that could be beneficial for everyone. In the past 2 years, I realize that I went through 3 different stages.

1. Door knocking while trying to get some sort of rhythm down along with learning the carriers, learning a presentation, along with figuring out how to get 15-20 leads a week
2. Upping leads to 30-40 a week, setting appointments on the phone, door knocking leads that are blown on the phone or that don’t answer, while tightening up my approach and getting the presentation fluent
3. 60+ Leads a week, using appointment setter full time, increasing average AP per sale while spending less time with clients that are not interested or don’t have the need for coverage

A hungry agent that wants to work for a living....

You ARE a rare breed indeed.....

We called what you are seeking..... A MASTER MIND Group..... a one hour private phone call with like/similar achievers once a week..... It is an excellent way to enhance your production goals.

What you seek is the next rung of the SUCCESS LADDER. With every step you leave the last one behind..... Success, sometimes requires leaving the old ways behind you.

A hungry agent that wants to work for a living....

You ARE a rare breed indeed.....

We called what you are seeking..... A MASTER MIND Group..... a one hour private phone call with like/similar achievers once a week..... It is an excellent way to enhance your production goals.

What you seek is the next rung of the SUCCESS LADDER. With every step you leave the last one behind..... Success, sometimes requires leaving the old ways behind you.

In the motorcycle biz we called them 20-clubs. It would be 20 dealer principles that didn't compete with each other that would meet up twice a year and talk openly about everything that is working for them.

A lot of good came from them.

AG5:

I have a question for you.

You claim to be able to field 15 presentations daily.

By my math, that would 30 to 45 minutes between appointments.

My question is -- how can you do that and stay reasonably on top of your appointments? Do you do the "Cable Guy" approach to appointment-setting?

I can work 9, maybe 10, appointments daily in a small town. But adding another 5 on top of that seems like a stretch.

Also, to do 35-40 presentations weekly, what number of leads do you need to reach that (IE -- what's your appointment-to-lead ratio)?

Thanks,
Dave

Sorry to ask, but what is the cable guy approach?
That would be giving the prospect a time range, say between 3 and 5 instead of a specific time like 4:00 of your arrival. A home improvement company I worked for years ago used this when we were really busy and had a lot of leads to run.

Last edited:
That would be giving the prospect a time range, say between 3 and 5 instead of a specific time like 4:00 of your arrival. A home improvement company I worked for years ago used this when we were really busy and had a lot of leads to run.

An agent mentioned the "Cable Guy" approach to scheduling, and I thought it had some merit.

Basically, you schedule a specific time (say 10AM), and tell the prospect that you will be there between 10-12, 10-1, etc.

Right now, I train my agents to always set an appointment with an hour window to arrive. Yes, you will be there at 10, BUT, in case you get stuck in traffic, give me up to 11 to get there.

Scheduling like this (a) takes off pressure to be right on time and (b), allows you to book more appointments with less time in between as invariably some of your appointments will no-show you or be over very quickly because they do not qualify for some reason (need/health/bank/budget).

Lastly, I have found that while appointments matter, they really don't. I have been 90 minutes early, 90 minutes late. If they are interested, they will plan on hanging around to be there, even when running late.

I find the ones that are no-shows typically never were there earlier in the day anyway.

However, I do like to book them and know to expect me; I just realized that giving a larger window of time is nearly as good as a specific time.

Latest posts

Back