5 Star Strikes Again

John Galt

Guru
100+ Post Club
Jawga
Well, just wondering if anyone else is having these same problems? If not, I would advise you to double and triple check your online portal daily to make sure everything with your apps is in order.

3 times in the last 60 days I have had nsf. Only one of those times have I been notified by email. The last 2 times I caught it and took care of it. This last time is the straw that will break the camels' back.

NSF on 11-23-13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I decided today to check on my portfolio in my online portal, those of you who are 5 star agents will understand this. Sooooooo, low and behold I see a NSF that I was never emailed on, mind you, I have already had this conversation with 5 star the last time and begged them to please notify me by email just as they had the first time. Looks to me like they are not gonna do it. Not only that, but she is retired and was married to a vet and has a "military" type of credit union. I called her and she was pretty hot, she said I have more than enough money in that account and my checks are deposited by the government and her job on the 20th, and you know what, I believe her. So why the NSF 5 star? I believe her. Anyone else have this issues lately. I mean, if they cant even notify me of a problem per their email system leads me to believe they can screw up a PAC too!!

This thread is not meant to scold or humiliate 5 star, it is simply a way for me to warn others that are 5 star agents that you have to baby sit this carrier and quite frankly Im getting sick and tired of the BS and sending more business to other carriers.

If a carrier does what they are supposed to do they will have my business. I love the whole history, story and pricing with 5 star, but none of that means a damn thing if I cant make a living with them. You listening 5 star? probably not:no:

I've had a few instances where they drafted on the day the money entered the account and still NSF. I think when they forget to run the card they just NSF it...

I've had a few instances where they drafted on the day the money entered the account and still NSF. I think when they forget to run the card they just NSF it...

Having worked at a bank I have seen many times these drafts on the debit card happen in the wee early morning hours before banking systems typically make funds available. Many times if they just redrafted that afternoon it would solve the issue.

Having worked at a bank I have seen many times these drafts on the debit card happen in the wee early morning hours before banking systems typically make funds available. Many times if they just redrafted that afternoon it would solve the issue.

This is why on my last 5 Star app I set up the draft for the 4th hoping the extra day would help.

The problem with that at least for Direct Express people is they go in and withdraw all of thier funds.

IMHO, if someone goes and takes out all their money for the specific reason so as to not pay their life insurance it seems to me it wouldn't last much longer anyway. If that's the case then either the need wasn't instilled into the clients mind well enough or they weren't really that interested in the first place. Umm...which is kind of the same thing.

Damn spicy cranberries.

Most of the time they don't go there to pull the cash out just to not pay the insurance. They are too lazy to check to see if it had already come out or not and just pull out what is there. The more the merrier.

When I first stated in this business I would set it up to come out on the 5th for a 3rd pay date. Then I was told to pull it out the same day. Now it seems the 4th might work better. I just chalk it up to the kind of people we are dealing with. Not the sharpest tools in the shed. They live check to check, and many have drug and mental problems. When your dealing with people like that your bound to have problems.

More and more I find myself walking out on appointments when it appears as if they ain't gonna pay anyway. The old adage of throwing **** against the wall don't work in this business.

Most of the time they don't go there to pull the cash out just to not pay the insurance. They are too lazy to check to see if it had already come out or not and just pull out what is there. The more the merrier.

When I first stated in this business I would set it up to come out on the 5th for a 3rd pay date. Then I was told to pull it out the same day. Now it seems the 4th might work better. I just chalk it up to the kind of people we are dealing with. Not the sharpest tools in the shed. They live check to check, and many have drug and mental problems. When your dealing with people like that your bound to have problems.

More and more I find myself walking out on appointments when it appears as if they ain't gonna pay anyway. The old adage of throwing **** against the wall don't work in this business.

You understand this mentality. They do not track expenses they go to the bank and withdraw whatever is available and they have probably been calling the bank for a week looking for the money.

John was that customer on direct express or a debit card? I am curious if that could be the reason for the NSF. Sometimes there is a delay from the time the merchants process the cards especially with a debit card.

Back