Adding Medicare to FE Sales

Med advantage is definitely worth adding to your tool belt dealing with fe clients, is there more to learn? Yes. Is it worth the time to learn about med advantage? Yes. if this is a career field that your working towards why not add it? So you have to re-certify every year? It will get easier every year and we already have to do ce courses to stay licensed. Part of the biz if your concern is leaving money on the table.

Med advantage is definitely worth adding to your tool belt dealing with fe clients, is there more to learn? Yes. Is it worth the time to learn about med advantage? Yes. if this is a career field that your working towards why not add it? So you have to re-certify every year? It will get easier every year and we already have to do ce courses to stay licensed. Part of the biz if your concern is leaving money on the table.

It's not "definitely" worth it. It may be to some. Dealing with MA is not worth it to me.

I can make more money selling FE than I can make in the time fooling with MA.

Maybe if you don't do any service work on the MA it could be different?

If someone thinks it's worth it to them then it's worth it to them.

I'm not going to take time away from my core business to be a buttboy for CMS.

{I stole the buttboy comment from the late great Frank Statsny}

Totally agree JD, it's up to the individual and their particular situation. My approach to the MA side of the business is as a complement to FE (pick the low hanging fruit), not trying to be anyone's Buttboy hehehehe.

Totally agree JD, it's up to the individual and their particular situation. My approach to the MA side of the business is as a complement to FE (pick the low hanging fruit), not trying to be anyone's Buttboy hehehehe.

The MIPPA regulations and restrictions are CMS' gift to Humana. Not really a gift, they were bought and paid for.

With MA and PDP's you not only have to kowtow to the clueless desk jockeys at the insurance companies, you have to do even for the even more clueless desk jockeys at CMS.

jdeasy, HoosierLife and everyone else with some MA knowledge...what are the best resources to learn about MA? There don't seem to be many training programs built around it like there are for med supps. Will the AHIP course to teach me all the do's/don'ts when it comes to the plans/what's allowed when it comes to prospecting?

jdeasy, HoosierLife and everyone else with some MA knowledge...what are the best resources to learn about MA? There don't seem to be many training programs built around it like there are for med supps. Will the AHIP course to teach me all the do's/don'ts when it comes to the plans/what's allowed when it comes to prospecting?

AHIP will teach you many things you cannot do as far as prospecting. They will not teach you things to do.

An IMO that teaches agents how to sell med sups and MA plans in the manner in which many FE IMO's work is sorely needed.

There's a ton of contract carriers out there. But an IMO with agents actually selling the products is just about unheard of for those.

Better off finding a local mentor that would let you ride along and get training. Most IMO's that say they train will be training by someone that's sold a handful of MA plans in their life. Or by a med sup supposed guru that just got in the business himself.

All these agents that want to be managers, there's a vacuum that needs filled. :biggrin:

Might check out Chris Westfall, {Daytona Guy}. He has his detractors but he's always been straight up with me.

AHIP will teach you many things you cannot do as far as prospecting. They will not teach you things to do.

An IMO that teaches agents how to sell med sups and MA plans in the manner in which many FE IMO's work is sorely needed.

There's a ton of contract carriers out there. But an IMO with agents actually selling the products is just about unheard of for those.

Better off finding a local mentor that would let you ride along and get training. Most IMO's that say they train will be training by someone that's sold a handful of MA plans in their life. Or by a med sup supposed guru that just got in the business himself.

All these agents that want to be managers, there's a vacuum that needs filled. :biggrin:

Might check out Chris Westfall, {Daytona Guy}. He has his detractors but he's always been straight up with me.

The problem with Chris is that he is also clueless about MAPD. I agree there needs to be a IMO focused on Medicare training like the ones that do final expense, but those are hard to find for sure. I have found that most MAPD uplines don't release very easily either.

The problem with Chris is that he is also clueless about MAPD. I agree there needs to be a IMO focused on Medicare training like the ones that do final expense, but those are hard to find for sure. I have found that most MAPD uplines don't release very easily either.

Well there you go. I thought he did MA too.

And true on the releases. I never could get released from RBI. Or Parker and Asses.

We offer releases and have MA training. Peter actually goes to my agents and rides with them training them. He just trained one of my guys in VA two weeks ago and another guy in Rhode Island area this week. Also Brent is the smartest guy I've ever met when it comes to Medicare and the agents have complete access to him as well.

Not saying we are the best, but we do have it for sure.

Peter, Sprinbok, has recently came over and is working to head up our Medicare division. He's traveling the country right now riding along with agents teaching them the Ins and outs and how to effectively add MA to our portfolio.

I did the AHIP last year and did nothing with it because I didn't have anyone to teach me what's what.

Now I do.

Back