Advances

If your writing 5,000 clean a week isn't that only $1,700 earned a month? Assuming your residual income was even equal that It's only $3,400 a month. Are those numbers off?

That's also no fall off, 100% contract and no GI figured in.

So it will build at about $1,700 per month. Your month 12 income would be $20,000 or $20,400. Then add a bit for renewals in month 13 and it would level off to a consistent $21,000 or so per month.

Out of every 10 leads I get 2 don't have phone #'s and of the other 8 might you get in touch with 5 and set 3-4 appts . You must be working a lot of referrals getting only 10 leads a week.

The ones you can't get ahold of start backing up. JD supplements new lead activity with old lead activity. So in reality he is working more than 10 leads a week.:)

Those are correct numbers. You seem to be missing that you don't just get that as earned money for one month. You get it for 12 and then the renewals start. Take this month, for just one example, I'm getting paid on everything I've written since last May.

You would be correct on only $3400 per month, assuming the $5K per week, if you only wrote business for one month and then stopped.

Hi JD. It's fun answering at the same time as you.

Out of every 10 leads I get 2 don't have phone #'s and of the other 8 might you get in touch with 5 and set 3-4 appts . You must be working a lot of referrals getting only 10 leads a week.

I do get a lot of referrals and always have. But I don't have those issues with contact either.

Not do most of the FEX agents. I'm probably a little better than the average FEX at setting appointments but very little better. And not even close to as good as Travis at setting appointments.

I do get a lot of referrals and always have. But I don't have those issues with contact either.

Not do most of the FEX agents. I'm probably a little better than the average FEX at setting appointments but very little better. And not even close to as good as Travis at setting appointments.

How do you do that with the referrals? Do you just have the touch or are you really well known because of horse showing and union connections?

The ones you can't get ahold of start backing up. JD supplements new lead activity with old lead activity. So in reality he is working more than 10 leads a week.:)

That's true too. And I don't shut off leads when I don't work. If I take a week vacation the leads still come in.

I work by counties. I have a folder for each of the counties I work. None of those folders are empty right now. Most have to 8-10 leads in them. The new ones go in the front and are worked first if I'm working that county.

But I don't always work the county where the fresh leads came in.

Like the ones I got last Thursday. I put them in the proper folder but I'm not working that county this week.

I'll get to them when I get to them. But it doesn't matter. I sold $3K in a house last Tues on a lead that had "2016" on the top. I'm not sure but I think RGI changed to 2017 in Sept or Oct. So that lead was at least 7 or 8 months old. And they had already bought. Saved them $96/mo. on the same coverage. And it was a DK to boot. :yes:

----------

How do you do that with the referrals? Do you just have the touch or are you really well known because of horse showing and union connections?

Being in the business for many years is a huge part of it. I'm writing a couple small apps tomorrow on the kids of a current client. She just called. She's been a client since 2010.

I have never once asked for a referral. But I do answer my phone. I handle any banking changes, moves, bene changes, etc. And I deliver policies.

I would guess most of my referrals come at policy delivery. People like that. Just like those two that had already bought. When I told them I would deliver their policies they said, "these came in the mail". So I just asked, "what did you think about that?". They said they would much prefer they had been delivered.

Another write I had last week was a guy had me write his daughter and grand daughter when I delivered his policy. But that wasn't out of the blue. He did have me quote them when I was there the first time. So they may have called anyway? You never know.

And people increase their coverage. I call those referrals too. Just for lack of whatever else to call it.

Jd i'd say i'm as good as any agent on the phone at setting appts. I'll hit leads 4 times in a day with different #'s if necessary . Unfortunately if someone refuses to answer the phone for weeks on end then i'll pay them a visit at some pt.I guess it depends what part of the county you're in.I enjoy door knocking and have very good success so if i can't get them on the phone no big deal.

Jd i'd say i'm as good as any agent on the phone at setting appts. I'll hit leads 4 times in a day with different #'s if necessary . Unfortunately if someone refuses to answer the phone for weeks on end then i'll pay them a visit at some pt.I guess it depends what part of the county you're in.I enjoy door knocking and have very good success so if i can't get them on the phone no big deal.

I consider a DK contact. But I hate to DK. That's why the one I mentioned earlier was so old. I had not been able to contact them by phone. I found myself in their town with some dead time so I DK'ed it.

But, it's not the part of the country. I've heard that argument for years. There is a guy in Ca. that was fairly new to FEX a little over a year ago.

He was telling Travis and me that his area was just different that ours. he couldn't set appointments there like we could in our area. I told him he was wrong. Of course he argued against that anyway.

Today, he says he sets appointments with regularity just like we do. And he hasn't moved.

Same thing with a guy in Northern Indiana and a guy in Pa. And a couples guys and a gal in Az. All said it was their area. A year into being trained by Travis they don't say that anymore and they haven't moved either.

I don't think FEX has any agents in Ga right now but I have a friend in the Atlanta area that been in FE for many years and takes 20 leads per week and writes $200K per year and has for 6 or 7 consecutive years.

Gooner is another one. He's out of the business now but he could set appointments there too. And he's not out of the business because he failed out.

^^Now, those are the success stories. There's far more that bought into the notion that they were good on the phone and it was just their area or the leads or the sun didn't come up the same way there or whatever. Those agents don't make it. But it's always easier to blame something else. I didn't make it as an NBA player because I didn't have the shoes that these guys have now.

JD, Who do you write your kid business with? I'm sure this has come up before but curious.

Back