Aetna is Launching It's New Final Expense with Instant Phone Approval

Take the higher commission and buy your own leads. I just got appointed with them as secondary for my FE business (no MIB, no Rx check, no hight & weight) Lior Sela
I disagree. I think that mathematically, unless you can buy your own mailers for less than $350 per thousand (that's really tough) it is a better use of your money to take 70% and the drops. Plus, the drops force you to work, which is something that a lot of Indy agents sorely need. Or am I overlooking something? ---------- I did make a mistake here: if you are going to sell 1200 ap or more per week in aci, you should take 105. If not, take 70 and the drop. Plus, a lead drop will never charge back. Ever.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. For some reason I never was e-mailed about them but just checked in to look at the posting now. I'm in Massachusetts. Called today and they offer 105% or 70% with a 1,000 piece mailing a week. Rates do look a bit high though. Don't need E&O and need a wet signature.

You have a non-resident license somewhere? According to their website, they don't have any products for MA.

I disagree. I think that mathematically, unless you can buy your own mailers for less than $350 per thousand (that's really tough) it is a better use of your money to take 70% and the drops. Plus, the drops force you to work, which is something that a lot of Indy agents sorely need. Or am I overlooking something? ---------- I did make a mistake here: if you are going to sell 1200 ap or more per week in aci, you should take 105. If not, take 70 and the drop. Plus, a lead drop will never charge back. Ever.
1000 mailers should run about $440. At 105% all you need to re-capture cost is one (or more) FE at $35/m
Everything else you sell is profit of 35% vs. getting only 70% commission. You could probably ask for 110%. Most IMOs will give you that

Lior Sela

1000 mailers should run about $440. At 105% all you need to re-capture cost is one (or more) FE at $35/m
Everything else you sell is profit of 35% vs. getting only 70% commission. You could probably ask for 110%. Most IMOs will give you that

Lior Sela

So true you are much better off doing your own mailers.and taking the maximum commission.:yes:

1000 mailers should run about $440. At 105% all you need to re-capture cost is one (or more) FE at $35/m Everything else you sell is profit of 35% vs. getting only 70% commission. You could probably ask for 110%. Most IMOs will give you that Lior Sela
One policy at $35 monthly= $441 commish @105% One policy at &35 monthly=$294 commish@70%, plus a $440 lead drop= $734 ??? ----------

I'm missing something guys. There appears, mathematically, to be an advantage in taking the lead drop. Seriously, what am I missing? I did the math here based on the value of a lead drop, and unless you come up with greater than 1200 annual premium per week, I really have to disagree. Lord knows I've been wrong before, and I certainly get the attraction to higher comp, but I really think the dollars support my argument here. ----------
To put it a different way: an additional 35% only gets you an extra $350 per 1000 ap. A 1000 piece drop is $440. So, unless you're doing quite a bit more than 1,000 annual premium each week in aci, you should take the 70 and the drop....

One policy at $35 monthly= $441 commish @105% One policy at &35 monthly=$294 commish@70%, plus a $440 lead drop= $734 ??? ---------- I'm missing something guys. There appears, mathematically, to be an advantage in taking the lead drop. Seriously, what am I missing? I did the math here based on the value of a lead drop, and unless you come up with greater than 1200 annual premium per week, I really have to disagree. Lord knows I've been wrong before, and I certainly get the attraction to higher comp, but I really think the dollars support my argument here.

If you're a new and inexperienced agent, than you're right. Most experienced agent will sell more than $1200 ANP and therefore it's better to take higher commission. For new agents it's better 70% of something than 105% of nothing :-)

Lior Sela

One policy at $35 monthly= $441 commish @105% One policy at &35 monthly=$294 commish@70%, plus a $440 lead drop= $734 ??? ----------

I'm missing something guys. There appears, mathematically, to be an advantage in taking the lead drop. Seriously, what am I missing? I did the math here based on the value of a lead drop, and unless you come up with greater than 1200 annual premium per week, I really have to disagree. Lord knows I've been wrong before, and I certainly get the attraction to higher comp, but I really think the dollars support my argument here. ----------
To put it a different way: an additional 35% only gets you an extra $350 per 1000 ap. A 1000 piece drop is $440. So, unless you're doing quite a bit more than 1,000 annual premium each week in aci, you should take the 70 and the drop....

If you take the lead drop and only produce 1200/week you will not be getting that lead drop for much longer. Most shops require a minimum of $1700-$2000 per week if providing leads.

If you're a new and inexperienced agent, than you're right. Most experienced agent will sell more than $1200 ANP and therefore it's better to take higher commission. For new agents it's better 70% of something than 105% of nothing :-) Lior Sela

Hmm.
I guess I didn't think the experienced agent would place $1200 ap with the aci plan that's overpriced. At a $35 monthly premium, you need to write three of these every week. That's quite a bit of aci. Especially If you have RNA, mon, an many others in your toolkit.

----------

If you take the lead drop and only produce 1200/week you will not be getting that lead drop for much longer. Most shops require a minimum of $1700-$2000 per week if providing leads.

I didn't know that part.
That make sense then.

Hmm.
I guess I didn't think the experienced agent would place $1200 ap with the aci plan that's overpriced. At a $35 monthly premium, you need to write three of these every week. That's quite a bit of aci. Especially If you have RNA, mon, an many others in your toolkit.

No one is going to drop mail for you and watch you write the majority of the business elsewhere. You may not have to put it all with ACI, but it better be going with carriers you have through the IMO dropping for you.

If you work at all you will sell more than $1,200 weekly. Plus you don't want to be limited to selling all your leads with AmCont. You would get killed out there with other agents replacing all your biz.

The first one that took over 40 units of insulin daily you would be screwed on.

Back