After You've Started

bboman23

601-938-7663 - [email protected]
5000 Post Club
Mississippi
This kind of goes with my last thread on Getting Started.

After you decided this business is for you and you get started with it, this is just a few tips...keep in mind this is my opinion only!

Use tele leads as a filler while waiting on your DM leads to come in, or just here and there to boost up sales for a week. You will hear from people that have made money ONLY from tele leads, but they are in rare areas and they are what I like to call a "unicorn". Don't build your business to mirror someone that is a "unicorn".

Get on DM leads immediately and start training with your upline while you are waiting on writing numbers with companies. You should get taught how to set appointments effectively, and also how to door knock the ones you can't reach, or won't set an appointment.

Learn a presentation, close, rebuttals, how to replace, etc. while you are waiting on leads to come in. Then it is smart to try a batch of TM leads right before the DM comes in just to get your practice in on cheaper leads...but don't have high expectations.

Keep notes/recordings that you can send to your upline for help. During your first few weeks you should be taking with your upline daily going over what you ran into that day and having notes or recordings of you doing it helps a lot.

Keep your companies simple. Have 1-2 main companies then a GI company. Learn those companies app and health conditions.

Don't get caught up in trying to track every single thing with this business. (I closed 25.67% of my leads, 14.60% no showed me, 13.21% owned a cat, 2.1% had a Harley Davidson, etc) Just worry about the numbers that matter.

Follow the K.I.S.S. method...Keep It Simple Stupid...

Here is what you need to know...
Who are you going to contract with (upline)?
Which companies are you going to use?
How many DM leads per week?
Are you going to run appointments or only door knock?
How much salary is your business going to pay you each week?
Which presentation are you going to use?
Are you going to deliver policies or mail them out?
How are you going to keep up with your clients? (WHICH CRM)

I know I am missing some stuff, but that will hopefully help some!!!

great advice.
I might add work work and work!
I see agents come in and try to do what i do. I have been in the bus for over 25 years. I can afford to take off at 5pm every day.

NEW AGENTS need to work till they are done. I recall working till 8-9pm every day while i was new.

Stated by Ben

"How are you going to keep up with your clients? (WHICH CRM)"

What does CRM stand for?

Stated by Ben

"How are you going to keep up with your clients? (WHICH CRM)"

What does CRM stand for?

Customer Relationship Management. Or you'll hear variations such as Customer Retention Module.

In a simple terms. It allows you to interact and keep notes on your customers, keeping facts, organizing task to help make you a productive agent.

Good stuff Ben!!! In my experience I started out w less $$$ but we tightened the belts real tight lol.

One of the biggest is definitely don't spend all the money that comes in. You HAVE to live on some type of budget!

Latest posts

Back