Is an AGE FILTER Worth It on DM Leads?

zonk117

Expert
Just looking for opinions here. preferablly the agents producing or big posters on the forums.

Has an age filter improved your sales enough to matter?

What's the best age range?

I'm thinking 59-76 maybe?

I don't really like the thought of income filters because I have no way of really knowing if it's happening.

I already prefer my leads to say, "affordable life insurance." Definitely worth it to me.

Age filter would probably be a dollar or two more. Worth it?

What the lead says is meaningless unless it says for something free. Age filters are important to avoid tons of people ages 50-55 who aren't home and work. The downside of using age filters is it requires a much bigger area to get the # of leads you need thus more driving. Most age filters are now 55-79.

I think it's definitely worth a couple extra dollars per lead as you'll have more opportunity to get in front of people. Here's a quick video I did about this topic

Last edited by a moderator:
Current one work in the evenings or one weekend day a month and catch all those people you're claiming you can't see?

If past discussions are of any use to you, if you type age filter in the site search box, you will get connected with a number of past mail threads where age filtering is discussed along with other things.

Just looking for opinions here. preferablly the agents producing or big posters on the forums.

Has an age filter improved your sales enough to matter?

What's the best age range?

I'm thinking 59-76 maybe?

I don't really like the thought of income filters because I have no way of really knowing if it's happening.

I already prefer my leads to say, "affordable life insurance." Definitely worth it to me.

Age filter would probably be a dollar or two more. Worth it?

If you have TONS of population then 59-76 is good. If not you are setting yourself up to drive LONG distances between your leads. Most of our agents use 55-79. Some agents like a bit higher income filter but the main thing is to not mail to too wealthy of people or your sales will be tougher. Our feedback is that the word "affordable" is not worth the extra $1. Life insurance on the card is good. But Affordable Life Insurance does not screen out the people asking about free stuff.

You should be able to have real good quality leads in the $27.50 price catagory. Spending more won't necessarily be worth the extra cost.

Back