Agents Going Out to Door Knock on Easter

I have found boxes of match books and needle packets with their logo on them. I guess they use to give them out as trinkets to policyholders.

Yeah.. always carried a supply of the Needles and the emery boards to give to every lady I met. WE took pamphlets with the multiplication tables and the Pledge of Allegiance to all the schools.

Yeah.. always carried a supply of the Needles and the emery boards to give to every lady I met. WE took pamphlets with the multiplication tables and the Pledge of Allegiance to all the schools.

Emery boards. They have made good envelope stuffers. Thin, you can feel them through the envelope. Cheap to buy hundreds of preprinted. I seem to get a little better response when I include something like that when mailing orphan or lost client letters.

Nowadays it's gotten so that if you send needles through the mail you could get a visit from the FBI.

Emery boards. They have made good envelope stuffers. Thin, you can feel them through the envelope. Cheap to buy hundreds of preprinted. I seem to get a little better response when I include something like that when mailing orphan or lost client letters.
Had never thought of using them in that manner. And, you are right. While they are thick enough to be felt in the envelope, encouraging people to open it, they are not so thick that they would require a postage surcharge.

----------

Nowadays it's gotten so that if you send needles through the mail you could get a visit from the FBI.

Wouldn't doubt it. But we didn't mail them. We gave them out when making collection calls, keeping appointments or canvassing.

Had never thought of using them in that manner. And, you are right. While they are thick enough to be felt in the envelope, encouraging people to open it, they are not so thick that they would require a postage surcharge.

----------

Wouldn't doubt it. But we didn't mail them. We gave them out when making collection calls, keeping appointments or canvassing.

We still mail quite a bit. Even as we are asking everyone, young and old, if they have email and if they text. We still use old fashion snail mail. I get many calls out of an about a .50 cost. Same with an old fashion phone call.

----------

Ahhhh k... I never had to give anything away back on the debit. Me showing up with my charm and good looks was always enough, they said. The young girls used to run out and meet me at the car before I could get out. I'm glad I had a van. :skeptical:

Latest posts

Back