AIDS and First Day Coverage

Here's the scenario. Gentleman calls me from out of state (working the day job) and brings up that he is a smoker. He was rejected 4 years ago by an unknown company due to HIV/AIDS.

OK. So the GI option is it. As we were talking though he got me thinking. Other than Great Western, is their any company that would offer him day 1 coverage?

Considering how it's not an automatic death sentence anymore, when do you think this will become more of a "graded" or "modified" type of illness and not an automatic reject?

He has HIV, he doesn't qualify for first day coverage with Great Western. Read the agent guide.

California and Wisconsin have limitations on asking about HIV, but he wouldn't qualify in California either. There the question is limited to testing positive for purposes of obtaining insurance, which is a yes since he was declined previously. I can't recall Wisconsin's restriction off hand, but I believe it is similar.

I'm not aware of any simplified issue company that will accept HIV for anything other than GI. It is possible a fully underwritten company might give a table rated policy at this point if antibody levels are very low, not something I run across to be able to say for sure.

Prudential and Anico will write them fully underwritten though my understanding is most get declined. Must have no history of drug abuse and perfectly compliant with treatment.Table 6 to 8. Probably other carriers too.

Can anybody contracted with LifeShield sell that product? Or is this a product distributed exclusively through the NCE membership association? Thanks for the info.

Product distributed thru Nce group association.

You can get contracted direct or thru several others who offer contracts

Product distributed thru Nce group association.

You can get contracted direct or thru several others who offer contracts

Thanks. I was wondering because I'm appointed with LifeShield Nat'l Insurance through HII for their health insurance products. Was not given any info on any LifeShield life insurance products, so I thought that might be a completely separate contracting heirarchy.

Back