All the Same - 360, EFES, FEX..

It went from $28 per lead to $30 per lead. I believe we are one of the last ones to raise prices.

You would be incorrect there.

I wondered why the phone was going extra crazy this week here at FexContracting.com world headquarters.

But let me say this. If you are an agent who is happy with everything but your lead cost is $2.50 higher than you can get elsewhere, I recommend that you stay put. On 20 leads weekly that is only $50. That $50 per week isn't going to make or break you if everything else is good and you are making bank.

If you have other issues such as reduced commissions, limited access to companies or inferior training that plus the lower cost leads might make sense to move to an agency such as FexContracting.com.

If an agent has a good situation and isn't making it, he isn't going to make it with slightly lower lead cost either. But if you are at one of the bad agencies (we all know tons of those) then yes you can change your situation and give yourself much more chance of success.

Hey Newby, I think JD said FEX has 3 guys going to Alaska so they obviously qualify for substantial SNL lead credits. Can they use them through your lead vendor?

Hey Newby, I think JD said FEX has 3 guys going to Alaska so they obviously qualify for substantial SNL lead credits. Can they use them through your lead vendor?

Sure we have tons of guys using the SNL lead credits every month. Trinity too.

The only lead credit that I know of that we can't run through our RGI lead system is Oxford. But we double the Oxford credit anyway. So every agent who gets the Oxford lead credit gets a $400 discount on his RGI lead bill for that week PLUS gets a free 1,000 piece lead drop through one of the Oxford lead vendors.

Sure we have tons of guys using the SNL lead credits every month. Trinity too.

The only lead credit that I know of that we can't run through our RGI lead system is Oxford. But we double the Oxford credit anyway. So every agent who gets the Oxford lead credit gets a $400 discount on his RGI lead bill for that week PLUS gets a free 1,000 piece lead drop through one of the Oxford lead vendors.

Oxford should kick in a script for Prozac with every 3rd case for when the agent needs to get service. Sorry, could not help myself. :/

Oxford should kick in a script for Prozac with every 3rd case for when the agent needs to get service. Sorry, could not help myself. :/

Oxford (like all companies) can do frustrating things sometimes. But what I like about them over some is they have regional reps that DO give a ****. If you have a problem when you take it to your regional rep he can often fix it for you. We have a good one. They have still made bone-head decisions at times such as lifetime penality on former lapses or the way they rolled out the KY non-replacement. But what company doesn't make dumb moves occasionally?

At some companies (usually the large ones) you have no one that can clear the bullshit off the road for you.

Are they perfect? Not even close. At least they offer some positives to make up for the negatives. They have very competitive premiums and accept a lot of health conditions. Most competitors have one or the other but not both. That plus very high 1st year commission and a huge (doubled) lead credit make them attractive for many agents.

Oxford (like all companies) can do frustrating things sometimes. But what I like about them over some is they have regional reps that DO give a ****. If you have a problem when you take it to your regional rep he can often fix it for you. We have a good one. They have still made bone-head decisions at times such as lifetime penality on former lapses or the way they rolled out the KY non-replacement. But what company doesn't make dumb moves occasionally?

At some companies (usually the large ones) you have no one that can clear the bullshit off the road for you.

Are they perfect? Not even close. At least they offer some positives to make up for the negatives. They have very competitive premiums and accept a lot of health conditions. Most competitors have one or the other but not both. That plus very high 1st year commission and a huge (doubled) lead credit make them attractive for many agents.

My issues were dealing with the Home Office service department and claims. The sales side was OK, except for the loooong POS.

The advantage of doing what we do as Independents is we can set our own priorities. Comp is secondary to ease of doing business for me. Many ways to do what we do.

My issues were dealing with the Home Office service department and claims. The sales side was OK, except for the loooong POS.

The advantage of doing what we do as Independents is we can set our own priorities. Comp is secondary to ease of doing business for me. Many ways to do what we do.

I've had horrible claims experiences also. But my two with Oxford went well. I even had a contested claim with them that did not get paid but the family was perfectly happy with them. There was a very obvious reason why it didn't get paid and it made sense. That beneficiary actually bought a policy on herself from me AFTER her fathers was recinded.

At the exact same time that was going on I had a claim with another company that did get paid after nine months of them trying to find a reason to recind a perfectly clean case. By the time that company finally paid the claim the family was so pissed they will tell everyone the rest of their life not to do business with them.

We all have our own experiences. Mine is tainted with the other company. But I know of plenty of other agents that have had nothing but good experiences with that same company.

That's the beauty of being an independent agent though. Any company that pisses me off bad enough won't get my business. Any company that pisses you off bad enough won't get your business. It's a beautiful thing!

Back