AARP Term and Globe

images

Last edited:
Doesn't Foresters and RNA say right on their brochure "Your premium will never increase and your death benifit is guaranteed to never decrease"

Something like that?

I always told people when I'm recommending a fraternal, whether it is RNA, Foresters or KSKJ, what a fraternal is and the difference.

I have led with a fraternal company for 9 years. I've had to learn how to fight the naysayers.

Do you mention the maintenance of reserves clause itself? How exactly do you explain the difference in a fraternal and a non-fraternal?

I've lost exsisting business over MOR so I'm sure you've had to conserve biz based on thag before. Would love to hear what you tell em' JD

And you are wrong yet again. That language is not in any fraternal contract that they can raise rates on current policy holders. In fact, it's guaranteed that they won't on whole life.

You may not be new but you don't know what you are talking about.

And capitalizi8ng "CAN" doesn't change the facts.

And you don't bring it up because you think the OP is new. You bring it up to trash fraternals. And falsely at that.

No one mentioned replacing AARP with a fraternal anyway.

And your accusations are illegal if you name a particular company. Wanna go for that one?

No fraternal can guarantee that the policy you originally bought will be exactly the same upon your death. It's not a policy, it's a certificate. You know the difference.

So my point is, you can't point the finger at AARP, and not understand that you may be selling a similar product, not exactly the same, just similar.

I also read in another thread that fraternala are required to let their members know that by purchasing a certificate (instead of a policy) they are giving up certain consumer protections, I believe in the state of FL. I can't confirm this, only that I've read it on this site.

So... If you're using this tactic to replace (as outlined in this thread), you should be aware of the pitfalls when using a fraternal. That's really it :)

It sure seems to me that back when I was using Foresters as my go to many heavy hitters on this forum trash talked them because of what the contract stated on page 16 about the possibility of premiums being raised to cover shortages.

Now back to the original question. When I am going up against AARP or Globe or Trustage or CUNA etc.,

I sell myself. If you sound and act like you know what your doing, they will see the benefit of having a specific agent with whom they can deal with if a question were to arise.

No fraternal can guarantee that the policy you originally bought will be exactly the same upon your death. It's not a policy, it's a certificate. You know the difference.

So my point is, you can't point the finger at AARP, and not understand that you may be selling a similar product, not exactly the same, just similar.

I also read in another thread that fraternala are required to let their members know that by purchasing a certificate (instead of a policy) they are giving up certain consumer protections, I believe in the state of FL. I can't confirm this, only that I've read it on this site.

So... If you're using this tactic to replace (as outlined in this thread), you should be aware of the pitfalls when using a fraternal. That's really it :)

Then just name a fraternal that can't guarantee that. You are either ignorant of the situation or lying about it.

So just name the company that can't provide those guarantees and I will see that you get educated if ignorance is your problem. If it's just lying then you are on your own about it.

So you don't have a point.

Other than to trash fraternals. Apparently you are teaching your agents this also because one of your agents said the very things you are saying here to a client that got replaced by a fraternal.

And even if you had a point, which you don't, no one has to use a fraternal to replace aarp. Nor to replace amam.

Very basic situation.

Who is your upline.

If they aren't teaching you these things, providing fixed cost direct mail leads and giving to contracts you need to look elsewhere

Billy has been in this game a lot longer than you and I, and is open enough to bounce different topics off of this forum.

He didn't say anything about his up line not teaching these things, we actually went over this on a training call on Monday.

Also, he only works "up to" 15 leads a week and still manages to hit around $3,000 in ap, weekly.

That's a 200 Pay Per Lead.... freaking HUGE in Florida!

I just went back and read several old posts about page 16 on a Foresters contract. They lead one to believe that if the Fraternal deems they do not have enough reserves to cover an expected amount of claims they can raise their rates on existing certificates.

I do have a $35,000 certificate with Foresters but of course I can not find it! Ever heard that before?

From foresters material

b. Maintenance of Reserves
Fraternal benefit societies are responsible for their own solvency and
reserves. They are not members of the Canadian guarantee fund, Assuris,
or the U.S. state guarantee funds. This means they cannot be assessed to pay
for the insolvency of other carriers. However, this does mean that in the event
they themselves become insolvent (e.g. that the reserves for a class of
certificate become impaired) the Board of Directors may decide to assess
the membership to restore the deficiency.
The assessment is done either by reducing benefits, or by requiring
payment of an equitable proportion of the deficiency. The assessment
is often temporary.
State law usually prohibits prohibits mentioning if an insurer is not part of a
guarantee fund at point of sale.

Back