Americo- at It Again...

TPAAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
I don't know why I keep sending them any business.. maybe because I think somewhere down the line they'd get their **** together...

Had a client that had $40,000 WL with TA.. She was looking for 75k.. put her through SNL at 35k-on June 6... issued in 2 days..No problem.. Clean client.. NS.. only med is Lisonopril for HBP.. She calls on the 12th and wants me to increase to 100k.. SNL's max on her was 35k... so my only option was to submit an app with Americo for the difference ... that was on the 13th of June.. So I'm checking status with Americo... all req's received... okay.. it's all good... no... not just yet... so I'm, patient.. okay, maybe they're backed up... So finally today I call 10 frekin days later and they tell me they have an open req... really? It's not on the agent portal.. Now they say they got info she took out a policy on June 6th and wants to know what company and how was it issue....??????????

That company is complete ass... Here's a suggestion.. how bout you knuckleheads update your outstanding req's on policies instead of making us agents guess what it is you're trying to figure out....... I'm trying to write business.. I really don't have time to buy a vowel and guess what the clue is...

There is no better FE company out there than SNL... I'm given it to ya straight...

Last edited:
I would have to agree, Ive never liked doing business with Americo and havent written for them in 10+ years.

They are going to ask for any info on recent apps it's standard practice. Tell them add on coverage, issued as applied and they issue it...not a huge deal.

Wouldn't you rather know that the client you just wrote up has six recent not taken's and you were new seventh victim? This protocol swings both ways and sometimes its in your benefit. I also never had a problem calling new business and checking the status. There are hold time is very low it is something you can take care of between door knocks.

Heck, if if's a clean case write her eagle and this won't be an issue.

They are going to ask for any info on recent apps it's standard practice. Tell them add on coverage, issued as applied and they issue it...not a huge deal.

Wouldn't you rather know that the client you just wrote up has six recent not taken's and you were new seventh victim? This protocol swings both ways and sometimes its in your benefit. I also never had a problem calling new business and checking the status. There are hold time is very low it is something you can take care of between door knocks.

It's not standard practice... doesn't happen with most carriers... No , I don't care if my client has 20 different policies.. there's nothing that says you can't... you got the social.. run the MIB and script check and accept or decline.. it's no business of any carrier to ask why a client has 2 existing policies.. Maybe... just maybe.. somebody wants more than 25K a carrier will cap out at....

It's not how many they have it's how many recent apps they put in for. Totally fair to ask why a PI may have recent activity, was it declined? Modified offers? Not taken?

Your issue is not an issue.
"Ms.Money bags recently added coverage with __, was approved as applied."

That's ALL they want. For future reference if you put that in the app they probably wouldn't have pended it.

I think his complaint is not that they want the information but that they had not notified him about it. He can't supply the information they need to "issue a applied" if he doesn't know they are wanting it.

That's fair, if it's a big case and you know they turn biz in 48-72 hrs, call and ask why. This is really a nit pick thread.

It's not how many they have it's how many recent apps they put in for. Totally fair to ask why a PI may have recent activity, was it declined? Modified offers? Not taken?

Your issue is not an issue.
"Ms.Money bags recently added coverage with __, was approved as applied."

That's ALL they want. For future reference if you put that in the app they probably wouldn't have pended it.

I been writing insurance for 20 years... There's nothing you can suggest to me that I don't already know...

You have the clients social.. run the MIB, script check and make a decision...Anybody that knows anything about writing FE knows each companies UW differently... just because one company may offer a graded plan doesn't necessarily mean another wont... Americo's website is the worst... I'd put it up to TA's as the biggest **** crap their is...

----------

That's fair, if it's a big case and you know they turn biz in 48-72 hrs, call and ask why. This is really a nit pick thread.

See, this is the differnce between a top notch agent friendly company like SNL vs americo or TA

As an agent.. I shouldnt have to be calling "you" the carrier bringing your company business.. you should be calling me if there's an issue

This is what separates SNL from the rest.. hell, they'll call if a premium went NSF to give you time to preserve the case.. TA and Americo wont.. they'll send you a notice 60 days later....

Last edited:
That's a bunch of Bs from Americo. How the hell did they know about the June 6th app from Snl when Snl runs no mib check?Thats called the mib activity index and snl is not a member. I'd be interested to know how they knew.Many of our clients have heavy activity as they switch a lot.

Back