Americo is Becoming Monumental!

TDFnCali

Guru
1000 Post Club
California
More & more increasingly Im getting more & more silly stuff to have to sign with Americo.....they have followed Monu with amendments. But the diff is Monu emails u right away, whereas sometimes Americo emails EFES which is then forwarded to me & sometimes they dont email at all...I guess its just when they feel like it.

Maybe Travis was right in his recent tele conference where he said Americo is horrible! This, combined with their silly over 65 notice for Calif and Ive recently looked at SNL lately & their smoker rates are pretty close to Americo's....Im thinking Americo is going to be faded out of my bag like UHL.

Anyone else having this exp with Americo?

They've amended a couple of mine too. Huge PITA. But I kinda like them for some reason. Easy to use I guess. I can't find much use for monumental.

The one I can't figure out at all is Kemper. I don't even see the point as seniors are drowning in mail from UoA and Colonial Penn that blows Kemper away. Can't even show it with a straight face.

They've amended a couple of mine too. Huge PITA. But I kinda like them for some reason. Easy to use I guess. I can't find much use for monumental.

The one I can't figure out at all is Kemper. I don't even see the point as seniors are drowning in mail from UoA and Colonial Penn that blows Kemper away. Can't even show it with a straight face.

Wait, what?? I dont have Kemper in Calif....but are u saying CP's rates are lower then Kemper??

If so, take Kemper out ya bag, no point....unless the diff is minimal!

If you get an amendment requirement it's usually agent error

I have no issues with Americo- My top to go app- I get stuff issued in 48 hours @ 115%

Love their app, especially not having to fill out any bank info-

And their rates are real competitive- better than Monumnetals junk rates for standard.

You can get non smoker rates for cigar and snuff users. No PHI.. man it's a real fast get in and get out application-

I was replacing like 4 policies on a woman, but was technically only replacing 1 with Americo. Then they wanted to know about all the policies being replaced, and if they were Immed, graded etc. It took forever. I had to go back to the clients house like 4 times, which can't look good in the clients eyes.

I like Americo sometimes and I hate them sometimes. Sounds like every other company. I just started dealing with Settlers Life. Talk about over the top rules!

If Americo didn't have their niche then I wouldn't use them at all. That can be said for almost every company.

I like Americo sometimes and I hate them sometimes. Sounds like every other company. I just started dealing with Settlers Life. Talk about over the top rules!

If Americo didn't have their niche then I wouldn't use them at all. That can be said for almost every company.

When dealing with Settlers, you have to imagine them being back in Mayberry located next to Floyds Barber Shop. If you can think that way, you will love them. They have one of the best designed FE products on the market (except for a few underwriting areas where they are weak.)

Unfortunately, with you being in Kentucky they aren't very usable in KY due to the replacement rules in that state.

When dealing with Settlers, you have to imagine them being back in Mayberry located next to Floyds Barber Shop. If you can think that way, you will love them. They have one of the best designed FE products on the market (except for a few underwriting areas where they are weak.)

Unfortunately, with you being in Kentucky they aren't very usable in KY due to the replacement rules in that state.

I don't see them like that. I may end up loving them but right now now they seem anal. I would think that Mayberry would want to keep things simple. They have a full page instructions on how to fax an app to them.

They look like they are run more by Todd Daviso than by Floyd the barber.:D

I was replacing like 4 policies on a woman, but was technically only replacing 1 with Americo. Then they wanted to know about all the policies being replaced, and if they were Immed, graded etc. It took forever. I had to go back to the clients house like 4 times, which can't look good in the clients eyes.

That was actually your own mistake. Replacement means Is there ANY life insurance or annuities that have been canceled, reduced or affected in the last 90-days or will there be in the future that you are aware of. It doesn't matter if your policy is directly replacing it or not or if it was done before you came in the picture.

That form is to protect you and the new insurance company. You want to list any and all companies.

Chalk that one up to a learning experience.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I don't see them like that. I may end up loving them but right now now they seem anal. I would think that Mayberry would want to keep things simple. They have a full page instructions on how to fax an app to them.

They look like they are run more by Todd Daviso than by Floyd the barber.:D

It's more like every time an agent asks a question or makes a mistake, they add it to the rule book.

Their rule book definitely calls us field underwriters about 25 times though.

Last edited:
That was actually your own mistake. Replacement means Is there ANY life insurance or annuities that have been canceled, reduced or affected in the last 90-days or will there be in the future that you are aware of. It doesn't matter if your policy is directly replacing it or not or if it was done before you came in the picture.

That form is to protect you and the new insurance company. You want to list any and all companies.

Chalk that one up to a learning experience.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's more like every time an agent asks a question or makes a mistake, they add it to the rule book.

Their rule book definitely calls us field underwriters about 25 times though.

It doesn't call us field underwriters. It talk about "field underwriting". I just read the whole thing last night.

As for the deal about Americo asking about other policies, that wasn't hoosier's fault. They are asking about policies applied for, not taken, lapsed or waht ever over the last year. Stuff the agent would not know about or probably even be told about.

I had the same thing with them recently. They asked me about an AARP and a Globe policy that the lady had supposedly applied for 6 and 8 months ago and if she still them or if she was declined or not taken. I sent them back an eamil saying that I knew nothing about those and that only that she did not have policies now. I did not go back to the lady or call her and ask.

They issued the policy. I did get my upline involved and they may also have helped get it issued without having to bend over? It always helps to have an upline that can apply some pressure.

Back