Answers About Great Western

Todd King

IMO/FMO Owner
5000 Post Club
Virginia
We've been getting questions about this new GI product that Great Western has come out with. I posted this on another thread but thought it should be seen in the FE Forum.

Here is some information for Guaranteed Assurance & Assurance Plus from Great Western. This life product offers an immediate and guaranteed issue death benefit that is unlike anything we have seen before. Clients who can answer 3 questions NO are eligible for an immediate death benefit at 120% of the face amount applied for.

The best thing about this product however is that medications for almost all medical conditions are considered “maintenance” meds and not treatment so long as the dosage and medications themselves have not changed or increased in the last 2 years. This means that clients with health conditions such as Congestive Heart Failure will be eligible for an immediate death benefit if they have not had a change in their medications within the last 2 years! There are just three exceptions to this rule and they are insulin and oxygen usage and the presence of a tumor in the body, all other conditions are potentially eligible for the immediate death benefit.

I can’t tell you how many requests we get from agents looking to place clients with certain health conditions in an immediate death benefit rather than a graded death benefit. Now we have the product to accommodate these folks and give them what they want and need.

How are the rates for the immediate death benefit, considerably higher than graded plans or competitive?

Sort of middle of the pack. The rates are the same for immediate or graded but the immediate gives a 20% "bonus" on the death benefit. It husband and wife are both insured, they add an additional $1000 "bonus" on the first to die.

what about GW pricing versus graded plan pricing from 5star or Vantis (they are competitive in my neck of the woods)?

When I checked against FEX quotes, they were second only to Gerber prices for GI.. They ask no questions at all for GI so you can't really compare them to graded plans that are underwritten to some degree.

Great Western's G.I. rates are higher than Gerber but less than NGL and Kemper. GW has good first year commissions and outstanding renewals for a G.I. plan.

Great Western-$10,000 Face Amount Monthly Premium
Ages Male Female
50 57.92 47.92
55 62.08 53.75
60 71.25 61.25
65 86.25 74.58
70 109.58 92.08
75 143.75 124.58
80 207.08 182.08

Latest posts

Back