App Questions, RX Help

Speck

Guru
100+ Post Club
First off, what is the difference between help with ADL's and home health care? I know a lot of people have a sitter and I would think most of them are helping with ADL's, but would that also be considered home health care?

Next, when someone is taking multiple medications, do you first check all of the medications with the RX list from the companies you represent, or do you just ask the health questions on one of the applications? Just wondering if there are any shortcuts that some of you have. If we're just talking one or two issues you usually know what company to go with, but multiple things start to get confusing. I had a 50 year old non-smoking lady earlier today who was taking Neurontin(not for seizures but back/neck pain, Wellbutrin(anti-depressant), Seroquel(Bi-Polar), Baclofen(muscle spasms, not neuropathy), Xanax(anxiety), Vivance(ADHD), Metoprolol(HBP), Lovastatin(cholesterol), and Premarin(hormone). She also had COPD 5-6 years ago. I started looking at the RX list of FBL and got to Baclofen showing as a graded. So then I just started asking the questions on the SNL application and had one question answered yes which would have put her as a graded/modified which was what I quoted. Of course having to list all of these meds on the SNL application may have kept her from even getting the graded plan.

So much to say lol. One, people don't "had" COPD. They have it. Once you're diagnose it doesnt go away.

Yeah check the meds against your companies. After a while you'll learn which meds which companies don't like. Baclofen is used to treat alcoholism, which is why FB might consider it graded. You could have probably pushed that through.

ADLs are a tricky question. AmCon is the only company I know of that doesn't ask about Home Health care. Wrote one up today. She just cooks and cleans for the guy though.

This case depending on how long she was taking each med has Trans std written all over it.

Well, the only med that showed up on TA's list was Neurontin and they were listing it for seizures which she's not had. Of course all of these RX guides come with the fine print telling you that it's not an inclusive list, and other medications could affect the underwriting decision, etc. As for the COPD, the question on the SNL app was referring to the last 2 years for treatment, etc. which she answered no.

So much to say lol. One, people don't "had" COPD. They have it. Once you're diagnose it doesnt go away.

Yeah check the meds against your companies. After a while you'll learn which meds which companies don't like. Baclofen is used to treat alcoholism, which is why FB might consider it graded. You could have probably pushed that through.

ADLs are a tricky question. AmCon is the only company I know of that doesn't ask about Home Health care. Wrote one up today. She just cooks and cleans for the guy though.

This case depending on how long she was taking each med has Trans std written all over it.

COPD seems to be overly diagnosed. I have had a couple people tell me their Dr listened to their chest and said"you may have a touch of copd" so they say yes to the question. Then we get to rx and they aren't on anything for it. So I place them with aetna because they ask have you been TREATED for copd in the last 2 years.

I think RNA may ask this question the same way.

Anyhow, weather the Dr's are just saying something in passing or the applicant is misunderstanding, if they aren't in rx it can't be that bad

Yep, SNL has the same 2 year question on COPD.

----------

Anyone else on the APL's versus the Home health care? If someone comes by once a week to check the applicant's BP, etc., would you consider that home health?

Back