The Art of Selling (Final Expense) by Robert "Bo" Clark

quackattack99

Guru
100+ Post Club
I was bored tonight, so I went on my Kindle and looked for books on insurance sales. Well, one of the first books I stumbled onto was this one. Now, I am new to this business, and I know I don't have any right to start giving out a bunch of advice here. But, I just can't help myself. I hope I don't violate Sam's political correctness rule, but the guy that wrote this book has to be a total MORON!! I bought this book since it sems to be geared toward FE, and I thought it might be a worthwhile read. Thankfully, it only set me back 5 bucks.

There may or may not be a tid bit of good info in there. It is hard to tell. There are so many grammatical errors (dude has a fetish for semicolons), misspelled words, poor punctuation, lack of punctuation, etc., etc., that it makes it impossible to read and pick up any worthwhile information.

Futhermore, this guys says he is a regional manager with one of the most successful final expense carriers in the country. From his picture, holding something with the Senior Life logo on it, I assume he must be affiliated with Senior Life. How can he be a regional manager when he can't write past the third grade level? He says, to his knowledge, his carrier is the only carrier in the final expense industry to offer first day coverage. Yet, he "studys (sic) the competition" to make sure he is always fully prepared.

IMHO this guy has no business trying to come off as some sort of expert on selling or final expense sales. If I didn't know any better, based on this book, I would think that FE agents are a bunch of high school drop outs that can't get real jobs. Of course, I do know better than that. Granted, I only made it half way through the book. I just couldn't stomach any more. It's only 5 bucks, but I want my money back!! Do you hear me Amazon? Seriously, if your reading comprehension is above the 2nd or 3rd grade level, don't waste your money on this garbage!! It's actually of such poor quality, it is borderline offensive, and does nothing to promote the final expense industry. I don't have anything against Senior Life, but if this guy truly is a regional manager with them, there is no way I would ever consider contracting with them.

Disclaimer: I am sure there are some errors in this post. But, I have no intention of coming off as some FE subject matter expert to unsuspecting buyers, or writing a book. If I did, I would at least have enough common sense to hire a proof reader!!

Is that the one with 4, 000, 000 hyperlinks in the ebook that all point to his website selling his public speaking?? I could not believe that was actually on Amazon.

There are two books on Amazon that are nothing but recruiting pitches for Senior Life. They are completely worthless.

Be sure to write a review on Amazon. That will help to prevent other innocent victims from losing $5

"i would think that FE agents are a bunch of high school drop outs that can't get real jobs. "
Is that wrong?....lol, thanks for savin me a fiver! I am off to the senior center.

"i would think that FE agents are a bunch of high school drop outs that can't get real jobs. "
Is that wrong?....lol, thanks for savin me a fiver! I am off to the senior center.

Some of us actually made it through high school.

That would be wrong. We could get real jobs. We just do not want one. My mom is not using the whole garage anyways and she does my laundry.

No hyperlinks. Yes, I will be leaving a review on Amazon. If this is a recruiting book for Senior Life, it makes them look very foolish. I hope this guy talks better than he writes.

Tom Hopkins very famously wrote "how to master the art of selling" This guy just hopes people run across his book when searching for Tom Hopkin's book.

it be like me writing a book on selling and naming it "Lord of the Final Expense"

Back