Assurity Life

mbiallas

Guru
100+ Post Club
Has anyone used them for FE lately? Its been a long time since I have and all I remember was the PHI being pretty tough. Is it still that way? Do you still have to read off all the meds even though they are doing a script check?

Also - where on the app do you write in the monthly premium? I have looked and looked and can't find it.

I've never known them to be a company that requires you read off the meds, they'll take care of it.

They definitely are not a company for someone with diarrhea of the mouth.

While I agree with JD, I would use them as a primary company, it is amazing some of the stuff they will accept.

Just as a funny story, while Assurity will normally let the PI talk as long and about as much as they want, another agent was telling me about a client that was so bad, the interviewer cut off the insured. I can't imagine how bad it must have been for an Assurity interviewer to cut off an insured.

Has anyone used them for FE lately? Its been a long time since I have and all I remember was the PHI being pretty tough. Is it still that way? Do you still have to read off all the meds even though they are doing a script check? Also - where on the app do you write in the monthly premium? I have looked and looked and can't find it.

PHI can be tough, yes but they are the best with non-smoker COPD and a few other niches. You put the modal premium on the top of the Field Underwriter's Statement page after question 1a. I think it's the third page of the application.

PHI can be tough, yes but they are the best with non-smoker COPD and a few other niches. You put the modal premium on the top of the Field Underwriter's Statement page after question 1a. I think it's the third page of the application.

That is for how much premium you collected. There is no where on the app for the modal premium. Obviously if you collect the first month's premium, then it will go there and on the conditional receipt.

That is for how much premium you collected. There is no where on the app for the modal premium. Obviously if you collect the first month's premium, then it will go there and on the conditional receipt.

I have always written the monthly premium on that line and almost all of my business is monthly PAC. I have never had a problem with it and I write a decent amount of Assurity.

Thanks for the help. I would like to write them more because of the renewals but always end up using Oxford. Not that they are bad (I do like them) but I feel like I am leaving my future on the table as their renewals are not great.

Thanks for the help. I would like to write them more because of the renewals but always end up using Oxford. Not that they are bad (I do like them) but I feel like I am leaving my future on the table as their renewals are not great.

I hear you. Every time I grind out a POS interview with them I remind myself about the renewals... I also write a lot of children through them. You can go up to 50K and lifetime renewals aren't bad!

How much better are the renewals compared to what else you have? Doesn't look like they are worth the trouble to me.

I've got some CI policies still on the books with them and they don't pay me anything on them. Most of them are 8 and 9 years old. Never did pay much.

How much better are the renewals compared to what else you have? Doesn't look like they are worth the trouble to me.

I've got some CI policies still on the books with them and they don't pay me anything on them. Most of them are 8 and 9 years old. Never did pay much.

I'm at street with them and Oxford. Oxford is 5% for a few years then goes down. Most others are pretty close to that. Assurity is 17.5 year two. 16 year three and 14 year four. Then 9 out to year ten. Then 3.5 lifetime.

Are you aware of any others that are comparable? Seems like most are in the 5%-7% range out to year five then they drop.

Last edited:
Back