Assurity & NitroStat

onefastpony

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've got a guy I'm working with that I've got to put with Assurity because of COPD and non smoker. I was asking his health questions and meds and he had a bypass done ten years ago and said the Dr. prescribed him Nitrostat and he has filled it every six months but never taken it. I called Assurity this morning for a risk assessment and they said that they would take him level coverage with the Nitro.

Just an FYI.

I've got a guy I'm working with that I've got to put with Assurity because of COPD and non smoker. I was asking his health questions and meds and he had a bypass done ten years ago and said the Dr. prescribed him Nitrostat and he has filled it every six months but never taken it. I called Assurity this morning for a risk assessment and they said that they would take him level coverage with the Nitro.

Just an FYI.

That is the funny thing about Assurity. They will take folks at level who are either 100% no doubt about it perfectly healthy or an absolute train wreck but nothing in between.

I've got a guy I'm working with that I've got to put with Assurity because of COPD and non smoker. I was asking his health questions and meds and he had a bypass done ten years ago and said the Dr. prescribed him Nitrostat and he has filled it every six months but never taken it. I called Assurity this morning for a risk assessment and they said that they would take him level coverage with the Nitro. Just an FYI.

Can you update this thread after you get an UW decision? I had this same situation and despite getting a green light from a risk assessment, my client was declined on the phone interview and I couldn't get it overturned. No other issues that caused the decline - I just went Trans standard in the end. I hope your outcome is better but I am really interested on how it plays out. Thanks.

I know trans would be standard with the copd non smoker. I just looked up nitro stat and it doesn't show up on there list of prescriptions.So when trans runs a prescription rx they won't say anything about nitro stat?

I know trans would be standard with the copd non smoker. I just looked up nitro stat and it doesn't show up on there list of prescriptions.So when trans runs a prescription rx they won't say anything about nitro stat?

It is best to document any Nitro Rx and duration on the supplemental page. They will absolutely see it, but as long as it has been over 24 months it shouldn't be an issue.

I had one bounced with them on one with sleep apnea the other day. RA said should be ok then crashed at underwriting.

I had one bounced with them on one with sleep apnea the other day. RA said should be ok then crashed at underwriting.

I've never heard of any carrier that cared about sleep apnea. I'm assuming he was on O2? Otherwise I can't see why that would be an issue at all.

That is the funny thing about Assurity. They will take folks at level who are either 100% no doubt about it perfectly healthy or an absolute train wreck but nothing in between.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed. They will take the strangest things and then get bent out of shape about a hangnail last week.

And Assurity does care about sleep apnea. Graded with them.

I've never heard of any carrier that cared about sleep apnea. I'm assuming he was on O2? Otherwise I can't see why that would be an issue at all.

Still not 100% for sure that is what got him with them. I am waiting for him to get back with me after he speaks to them directly to see what they didn't like in the MIB. Hopefully once I know what the real issue is I will be able to figure out a better direction.

Back