Back in the Biz - Starting from Scratch . . .

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
Awesome to see some of the same guys still kicking it in FE . . .

I wish I would have stayed with it. I would be retired by now.

I let my license lapse years ago. Fell into a funk, lost everything I had and now humbly starting over . . .

Just finished my per-licensing course and will take the State Test this coming Thursday. Keep me and the family in your prayers.

For once in my life - I am going to focus on doing one thing and do it well - FE. No more doing 20 different things with temporary success then succumbing to failure . . .

Going with a nearby FMO and will plug into their proven system. Will combine F2F with Tele-Sales and generate some AP to feed my family.

The goal will build a medium sized Team and lead by example.

My past is just that - my past. Please wish me well going forward.

Good luck to all out there and Always Be Closing . . .

Tom

I let my license lapse years ago. Fell into a funk, lost everything I had and now humbly starting over . . .

Just finished my per-licensing course and will take the State Test this coming Thursday. Keep me and the family in your prayers.

For once in my life - I am going to focus on doing one thing and do it well - FE. No more doing 20 different things with temporary success then succumbing to failure . . .

Going with a nearby FMO and will plug into their proven system. Will combine F2F with Tele-Sales and generate some AP to feed my family.

Tom

Don't get Funked Up this time.:twitchy:

You can do it.:yes:

Tom

well that's 3 things right there, 3 very different thing, I would tell you to get with a real FE shop good luck

Don't get Funked Up this time.:twitchy:

You can do it.:yes:

Man - the funk was real. I have a simple 2 year plan and will then take it from there . . .

I'm doing the exact same thing. I wish you the best. I believe we are probably in the best segment in the insurance business. IF it doesn't work it will be out fault. No one else's, right?

Thanks Bill. Not looking back - forward ho . . .

well that's 3 things right there, 3 very different thing, I would tell you to get with a real FE shop good luck

Not quite following? 3 different things?

Man - the funk was real. I have a simple 2 year plan and will then take it from there . . .

Thanks Bill. Not looking back - forward ho . . .

Not quite following? 3 different things?

being a FE face to face agent is nothing like telly sales, total different and a team, put that off for 5 years, it will keep you from doing what you need to do to make money which is sell, pick one and do it.. and fill a real FE shop

I'm pretty good at both. 100% rain in south Georgia for sometimes 2 or 3 straight days makes Tele-Sales a great option . . .

$150k personal AP in 2017 + $1.5m team AP in 2018 is very doable. I just have to stay focused.

I appreciate the comment though - thanks . . .

being a FE face to face agent is nothing like telly sales, total different and a team, put that off for 5 years, it will keep you from doing what you need to do to make money which is sell, pick one and do it.. and fill a real FE shop

----------

I am actually a decent producer and an even better recruiter.

Past is the past - I tried to be too many things . . .

Focus is my #1 priority. Not very difficult to create $150k in AP and train 10 others to do the same. Not like I'm talking earth shattering #'s . . .

Off to bed - big day tomorrow . . .

Here we go again. You don't know anything about either but you're going to build a team?

Lmao. You already said you failed in the business once and now you're going to do $150k Ap and train 10 guys to do $1.5 mil. How many guys do you thing do $150k Ap after chargebacks? Maybe 2-3% and you're going to find 10 in a yr. No wonder you failed before. You're a great dreamer.

I'm pretty good at both. 100% rain in south Georgia for sometimes 2 or 3 straight days makes Tele-Sales a great option . . .

$150k personal AP in 2017 + $1.5m team AP in 2018 is very doable. I just have to stay focused.

I appreciate the comment though - thanks . . .

----------

I am actually a decent producer and an even better recruiter.

Past is the past - I tried to be too many things . . .

Focus is my #1 priority. Not very difficult to create $150k in AP and train 10 others to do the same. Not like I'm talking earth shattering #'s . . .

Off to bed - big day tomorrow . . .

Not sure how much you have read on this forum, but I want to start by saying I tell agents what they NEED to hear....not what you WANT to hear.

I am glad you are getting your 2nd wind and fixing to hit it hard! Get trained, get on some good DIRECT MAIL leads, then work without looking back. Securus and NASB are big in your area, just make sure you don't sign up with either of those and you will be going in the right direction.

As far as building a team...GOOD LUCK! Being good at recruiting is NOTHING! Recruiting GOOD agents is what is hard. In order to get those 10 that do 1.5 million, you will also hire 50 that fail. If the other 50 do 1 mil total, and 20% charges back and only 10% rolls up to you...that is 100k you will write a check for.

I bet your IMO is not telling you that. They don't care because it is on you and not them. You should not recruit until you are an EXPERT at doing this business, and you have a nice bank roll built up. Most IMO's sell you the dream of hiring 10 of your friends and you will not have to work anymore...they tell you that because they are a churn and burn operation. Please do your research and don't fall for that.

Also lets look at it from a different angle. You find those 10 agents and they do 1.5 mil. You don't have production, so you will be on street contracts at best. You will be making 5% to 10% of that production. 75k to 100k doesn't sound bad, but when you subtract out lapses, chargebacks, non issued, etc...it is not as nice as it seems.

You might be thinking "oh I'll be making more than 10% on them!" And that type of thinking is what keeps places like Me, Todd King, FEXcontracting, etc in business. You find them, train them, get em going and they find out they can get 110 to 120 % contracts, and they will leave you.

Man I honestly wish you NOTHING BUT THE BEST! But please rethink your goals. Worry about making money on YOUR PEN first. I was in the business for 6 years before I had a single agent under me (except one agent my upline put under me in 2009 without me even knowing just so I would be responsible for debt rollup). My first year with agents under me would have been unbearable if I had to figure out running an agency AND how to sell at the same time.

Just my .02!!!

Lmao. You already said you failed in the business once and now you're going to do $150k Ap and train 10 guys to do $1.5 mil. How many guys do you thing do $150k Ap after chargebacks? Maybe 2-3% and you're going to find 10 in a yr. No wonder you failed before. You're a great dreamer.

Really. Just ask some of the uplines on here how often 150k producers walk through the door.:err:

p.s.- And if it were me, I wouldn't even think about it unless I was a killer in the field. No pretender could ever attract and retain top performers (no credibility). That's a joke right out of the gate.:goofy:

Tom

You identified your problem from the past as, "For once in my life - I am going to focus on doing one thing and do it well" and "No more doing 20 different things with temporary success then succumbing to failure . . .", and in the same post you mentioned that you "Will combine F2F with Tele-Sales"? I'd say pick one method and get really good at it.

Back