Best Value Policy Out There???/

Seems nobody has addressed Tampa's original question. He asked about the best bang for the buck from the policyholders point of view and everybody is answering the question as to which is best for the agent.

For example, the policyholder might think they are getting more bang for the buck from Seller since they have the so called "Free Value added" benefits, free child/grandchild rider, Covered program, terminal illness benefit, nursing home benefit, etc.

----------

65k is one of the easiest trips to hit.

Especially when you consider that in addition to FE product, they have the term and WL products to write.

Seems nobody has addressed Tampa's original question. He asked about the best bang for the buck from the policyholders point of view and everybody is answering the question as to which is best for the agent.

For example, the policyholder might think they are getting more bang for the buck from Seller since they have the so called "Free Value added" benefits, free child/grandchild rider, Covered program, terminal illness benefit, nursing home benefit, etc.

----------

Especially when you consider that in addition to FE product, they have the term and WL products to write.

No one is answering because it is an impossible question to answer. You say Settlers, but what if I don't have grandchildren. RNA might be perfect for another and the RX discount or something really benefit them. Some might be scared of dying in an accident and want a policy that doubles. Some might be in a disaster area and want a fraternal that has disaster relief. Or maybe a company that their grandma had and it paid out perfectly so they want that company. Or it could be name recognition that is important like MOO.

The point is I find their WHY and then fill that need. If they bring up another concern that a certain company is better for, then I show that company and explain why. You can even show two options. Mary I know you mentioned you only want to do business with a company that you know. 10k with a company called Security National is 50.00 but you probably don't know who they are. We also have MOO and their 10k is 55 per month.

Then if they pick MOO, just let them know if they send another card in, the next agent will just try to beat my price. If they want the cheapest let me know now and we won't go with MOO.

^^^That should be a VERY rare situation and not every house. They give their why, you show a solution. Only go away from that if you have to.

Another example is if they have a high priced policy with Grandchild rider added in. If you are going to replace, pick a company that also has that rider if it is important to them.

----------

He didn't ask best bang for the buck. He asked best "service" for the client.

Since the agent is the one providing the service it would follow that the company that provides the best service to the agent would the company that the client gets the best service from.

No one is answering because it is an impossible question to answer. You say Settlers, but what if I don't have grandchildren. RNA might be perfect for another and the RX discount or something really benefit them. Some might be scared of dying in an accident and want a policy that doubles. Some might be in a disaster area and want a fraternal that has disaster relief. Or maybe a company that their grandma had and it paid out perfectly so they want that company. Or it could be name recognition that is important like MOO.

The point is I find their WHY and then fill that need. If they bring up another concern that a certain company is better for, then I show that company and explain why. You can even show two options. Mary I know you mentioned you only want to do business with a company that you know. 10k with a company called Security National is 50.00 but you probably don't know who they are. We also have MOO and their 10k is 55 per month.

Then if they pick MOO, just let them know if they send another card in, the next agent will just try to beat my price. If they want the cheapest let me know now and we won't go with MOO.

^^^That should be a VERY rare situation and not every house. They give their why, you show a solution. Only go away from that if you have to.

Another example is if they have a high priced policy with Grandchild rider added in. If you are going to replace, pick a company that also has that rider if it is important to them.

I always try to go in with two or three options. Then I explain why I think which option may be best for them. Normally they choose the cheapest. :D

He didn't ask best bang for the buck. He asked best "service" for the client.

Since the agent is the one providing the service it would follow that the company that provides the best service to the agent would the company that the client gets the best service from.
He did ask "bang for the BACK" ...I assume it to be a typo and he meant "BUCK" .

UHL is without question the worst company I have ever dealt with. Their service sucks; it can take 15 to 20 minutes to even get a live person on the phone. They make mistakes all the time and their rates are some of the highest I have seen. They also require amendments up the ying yang.

Diabetic insulin users with amputations are about the only thing they are good for. I have also noticed that a lot of the business they do buy falls off the books rather quickly. In fact they , upper management, told me 33% of the business they write falls off in 12 months.

Last edited:
Umm, there premium is ultra-competitive in the northern states in age 65-79. I've had no issues with whole times and by doing an E app will never get an amendment.

Honestly half of what you said is completely wrong.

That might be your experience but it is certainly not mine. I called them three times two weeks ago, and each time I had to wait for at least ten minutes just to get a live person.

Their PHI is one of the worst I have ever used. It is very long and tedious and they often times go off script with questions that are not on the application. They admitted to me they are a niche company and they expect very high cancellation rates because of it. In fact, 1/3 of their policies fall off the books in one year. That number was quoted to me by a higher up manager whom had been with them for ten years.

The people that they approve under their whole life policy,{not deluxe or premier}, are much better off going to Gerber. They will get the same coverage for half the money.

The last time I sent them business it was a family of 5 over a year ago. They had everything screwed up from the very beginning. They drafted on the wrong dates, several times. It got so bad the family cancelled all 5 policies. Now granted the family of 5 weighted in at 1500 pounds plus, but that is the kind of people they cater to.

57 MT deluxe 10K is $73 per month. Through SNL he would be under $50.

67 FNT deluxe 10k is $61 SNL equals $48.

Those are the only two I compared. But my memory tells me they were never competitive on price. Yes you can get some dead beats who can barely fog a mirror approved deluxe with same day coverage but too many of them fall off the books to warrant sending them business, IMO.

Back