Beware of DOG on Appts ?

FEOHIO

Expert
Ok so lets hear it, What happens with all the DOGS when you go to someone 's house ? Do people put them away , or do you have to ask first? Have you been bit or attacked ? :skeptical:

Ok so lets hear it, What happens with all the DOGS when you go to someone 's house ? Do people put them away , or do you have to ask first? Have you been bit or attacked ? :skeptical:

In sales you just have to "pet the dog" meaning if the dog comes, say how cute their dog is. If the dogs starts jumping on you the owners will almost always up them away without you asking. And I've never been bit but if I was id be walking out of that house with a sale for sure!:laugh:

I always ask if there's a dog and if so put rover away. Also always honk when parking near the house esp in driveway. I once got out my car reached back in for something got back out turned around to see a BIG dog inches from me. Scared the #&$@);=$& out of me. A BIG Great Dane.

I was lucky the owner came out of the house. I kind of think the owner did it on purpose for a laugh.

Also if the front yard is gated, I always whistle here boy, to make sure they don't have one in the yard before I open the gate.

I had one experience where the dog had an invisible gate, surprised me as I walked up the yard, he had a bad open wound on his backside...The owner came out to the barking and told me clearly 'he'll bite watch out'
Real safe buddy.

Rome Georgia, that place has more roaming dogs than anywhere I've seen, you see them everywhere, 1, 2, 4 at a time...just roaming around...All over the place, geez

Back when I started my manager and I drove up a long driveway to a house in a high scale neighborhood. We pop out of the car and start walking up to the house when three huge German shepherds come flying across the tennis court. They are jumping on the fence at us. Scared the chit out of us. But we figured they were locked in so started back toward the house. Then suddenly they ran for the back gate of the tennis courts. We barely beat them to the car. We left and drank beer the rest of the day.

He's not writing in all caps, which would be yelling and I think the font is normal. It's just in bold.

Bold=flamboyant. ;)

I don't know what device you are reading this on but the font he is using is large. And a large font is also considered yelling.

"That Font Size Is Equivalent To Yelling" (deadspin.com)

"Typing in all caps is considered shouting. Who wants to read a post where the person screams at you the entire time? ... A large font size conveys yelling."
Internet Etiquette

Back