Breaking Into a New Area

Baseball7

Guru
1000 Post Club
How often do you step out of your comfort zone and work a new city, state, etc? I've found it tougher cause you won't have a personal inventory of aged leads and exsisting clients to fal back on. Also, it's hard to know the "best" areas to order in.

Do many of you routinly work over 90min from home?

I work all counties from Pensacola to Tallahassee and north into lower AL. Drive about 300 miles a day. I don't have a problem unless my Google Maps doesn't work.

I work all counties from Pensacola to Tallahassee and north into lower AL. Drive about 300 miles a day. I don't have a problem unless my Google Maps doesn't work.

300 miles a day? Damn, Billy. As my son would say, "You're a savage!".:noteworthy:

Hope you're taking that out on taxes! :laugh:

Seriously! The IRS rate for 2017 is 53.5 cents a mile. You're talking about a $160 deduction a day. Depending on how many days a week he is in the field, that is a lot of money and mileage.

How often do you step out of your comfort zone and work a new city, state, etc? I've found it tougher cause you won't have a personal inventory of aged leads and exsisting clients to fal back on. Also, it's hard to know the "best" areas to order in.

Do many of you routinly work over 90min from home?

Our agents that travel, tend to be the successful ones. In most cases, travel comes with the business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of working "outside the city " Most of the suburban areas are either extremely rural with higher travel times between houses or predominately middle and higher income areas that are poor final expense prospects In this area.

99% of those agents that drive 1000 plus miles a week burn out fast and start recruiting. Its virtually impossible to keep that up. Agent 5 i think you're a perfect example of this.

Every time I think about working outside of my core area I soon realize how silly that idea is. Out doing service work and delivering policies and a client I sold two weeks ago called with a question that I'm able to answer in person about eight minutes after she called.

I also had an agent call me who I replaced basically complaining over the fact that he was replaced. I told him basically I know you live nowhere near this client but you're welcome to go back and try to win him over but I work in the city five days a week and be sure I'll be right behind you to put it back so you're welcome to try and play this game with me if you'd like

I like to work Tuesday and Thursday. 12 hour days. Rural so the stops are miles apart is why I drive so far and the fact that I door knock every lead. This week and last I worked consecutive days and my hips were aching last night. Can't do that on a regular basis.

Latest posts

Back