Business Card Magnets

HoosierLife

Automate Appointments https://agentautopilot.com
5000 Post Club
So I was gonna buy biz card magnets to put on the back of my biz cards. But they all seem to come in the standard 2"x3.5" size. I bought my cards at vista print and they are 1.93"x3.43". Guess that's why they're so cheap. Anyway, I really don't want to have to cut each magnet down to size.

Does anybody know of magnets that are sized for vista print cards or an inexpensive way to make them? I'm waiting for an email back from vista print but I thought maybe one of y'all had dealt with this before.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And while I'm buying office supplies, what kind of paper do you guys suggest for printing stuff on? The cheapest? Any particular brightness, etc?

Last edited:
Are you trying to attach magnetized material to the back of a paper card? Why don't you just get your cards printed as magnets in the first place? I believe Vistaprint does that. I'd gotten mine through Overnight prints.com Exactly the same design as the business card, but already a magnet. Is that what you're looking to achieve?

Are you trying to attach magnetized material to the back of a paper card? Why don't you just get your cards printed as magnets in the first place? I believe Vistaprint does that. I'd gotten mine through Overnight prints.com Exactly the same design as the business card, but already a magnet. Is that what you're looking to achieve?

Yeah I was going to attach them to the back of the cards, and yes I know vista print can make the magnet version, but its expensive. I can save a lot of money putting the magnets on myself.

Well then, you'll most likely have to cut. I guess the question you'll have to ask yourself is what is your time worth to do that? It's really probably cheaper (and more professional looking), to just get them done. Keep in mind that someone who actually keeps the magnet, will put it on a fridge or somewhere & it may be handled a lot. You want the marketing message to hold up so that it's there - right in front of them. If you don't have enough money to do it properly, I'd either wait until you do, or start with a small number that you can afford.

Yeah I was going to attach them to the back of the cards, and yes I know vista print can make the magnet version, but its expensive. I can save a lot of money putting the magnets on myself.

When I bought mine on eBay I seem to remember that there were some slightly smaller ones. I would check there.

I do not recall the price, however, it was much cheaper than Office Depot.

As far as your existing cards and magnets go just attach them and be done with it. No need to cut down the magnet. 99 out of 100 people will never notice. Most people wouldn't notice a cow on a street corner.*

* With apologizes to my ex.

I use Vista, and I also have used the same mag strips you have, not enough of a deal to worry about. Still visit clients that have cards on their fridge before I changed my design back in 2006.

We changed to doing the magnetic business card on top, calender with tear off pages on bottom, and mail these out annually.

I use Vista, and I also have used the same mag strips you have, not enough of a deal to worry about. Still visit clients that have cards on their fridge before I changed my design back in 2006.

We changed to doing the magnetic business card on top, calender with tear off pages on bottom, and mail these out annually.

Ok I bought 250 of them for $19 on eBay. Ill see how it goes.

Back