Business Changes.................

cdsnuts

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hey guys,

It's been awhile since I've been here as I don't frequent this place much. I had been on the fence as to whether or not I was going to put more time and effort (and money) into my final expense business or go a different direction in regards to income.

I have decided for the time being (for at least the next few years) to increase my production and therefore increase my income before venturing off into another field.

What is the average number of leads you guys run on a weekly basis? I'm talking about the guys that hit 15-20k consistently every month as this is what my new goal is going to be. I hit 14,900 in March and this month I'm at 18,500 so far. Thing is, I've only been taking 10 leads weekly for the past few years. I would have times where I would buy 20 one week or 15 another week, but for the most part, it runs automatically at 10 a week.

I'm thinking a jump to 15/week for a month or two and then crank it up to 20 per week going forward indefinitely.

Maybe add in a few avatar leads every other week or so as well.....if that is still a thing.....lol

Just looking to see what others are doing.

Thanks

Hey guys,

It's been awhile since I've been here as I don't frequent this place much. I had been on the fence as to whether or not I was going to put more time and effort (and money) into my final expense business or go a different direction in regards to income.

I have decided for the time being (for at least the next few years) to increase my production and therefore increase my income before venturing off into another field.

What is the average number of leads you guys run on a weekly basis? I'm talking about the guys that hit 15-20k consistently every month as this is what my new goal is going to be. I hit 14,900 in March and this month I'm at 18,500 so far. Thing is, I've only been taking 10 leads weekly for the past few years. I would have times where I would buy 20 one week or 15 another week, but for the most part, it runs automatically at 10 a week.

I'm thinking a jump to 15/week for a month or two and then crank it up to 20 per week going forward indefinitely.

Maybe add in a few avatar leads every other week or so as well.....if that is still a thing.....lol

Thanks
Sorry to answer a question with a question but your production is very strong. Why are you unhappy?:confused:

Hey guys,

Thanks

What you have presented here is fantastic numbers. I would venture that if you took 20 leads per week, every week, you would do more than the $20K average per month.

From what I've seen over the years the producers that do what you are asking take 20-25 leads per week. Some less and some more but that 20 week is a sweet spot for the experienced agent.

Sorry to answer a question with a question but your production is very strong. Why are you unhappy?:confused:

So I just went back and averaged out my months for 2016. My average came out to 9743/mo, at for the most part, 10 leads weekly, barring the odd weeks when I would purchase more. If I had to average out leads per week, it would probably come to about 12, perhaps, no more.

I'm not unhappy Bill, but I'm at a place in life where I want more income. I was working on a side project that was starting to pick up steam, but at this time I think it would be more prudent for me to just buy more leads and write more business to get to where I want to go income wise.

One thing I've learned is when you spread yourself too thin, your income suffers. I'm better off just sticking to what I know and tweaking the numbers to get what I want. I'm just going to stick to working the side project....well.....on the side.

The only reason I hit my goal the past two months is that I didn't work in January and half of February because of the other project I was working on....I was still buying leads weekly as I've learned that the hard way before to NEVER stop your lead purchasing. So I had a surplus that allowed me to hit higher numbers. Plus for the past two weeks I've been getting 15 per week.

----------

What you have presented here is fantastic numbers. I would venture that if you took 20 leads per week, every week, you would do more than the $20K average per month.

From what I've seen over the years the producers that do what you are asking take 20-25 leads per week. Some less and some more but that 20 week is a sweet spot for the experienced agent.

Thanks. That of course isn't taking into account the chargebacks that are higher some months then they are others.

20 is also the magic number I keep hearing JD. This echoes what others are telling me.

I do want to tighten up my chargebacks, which seem to hover around 20%, give or take...I think I can clean that up a bit by being more conscious with follow ups after the app is submitted. Any ideas there?

So I just went back and averaged out my months for 2016. My average came out to 9743/mo, at for the most part, 10 leads weekly, barring the odd weeks when I would purchase more. If I had to average out leads per week, it would probably come to about 12, perhaps, no more.

I'm not unhappy Bill, but I'm at a place in life where I want more income. I was working on a side project that was starting to pick up steam, but at this time I think it would be more prudent for me to just buy more leads and write more business to get to where I want to go income wise.

One thing I've learned is when you spread yourself too thin, your income suffers. I'm better off just sticking to what I know and tweaking the numbers to get what I want. I'm just going to stick to working the side project....well.....on the side.

The only reason I hit my goal the past two months is that I didn't work in January and half of February because of the other project I was working on....I was still buying leads weekly as I've learned that the hard way before to NEVER stop your lead purchasing. So I had a surplus that allowed me to hit higher numbers. Plus for the past two weeks I've been getting 15 per week.

----------

Thanks. That of course isn't taking into account the chargebacks that are higher some months then they are others.

20 is also the magic number I keep hearing JD. This echoes what others are telling me.

I do want to tighten up my chargebacks, which seem to hover around 20%, give or take...I think I can clean that up a bit by being more conscious with follow ups after the app is submitted. Any ideas there?

Diagnosing on a forum?? ;)

It would really depend on why the chargeback. Every year I'm in this business my chargebacks are less. That speaks to simply experience. But they never go away in this business. Since I'm as earned about the only chargebacks I have are rescinded contestable policies.

I rarely have a not taken. I think I only had one not taken all year last year. On one issued as applied, that is. I had a few that came back other than applied that people didn't accept the OTAF offer.

A big part of that is that I refuse to use the "think about it" close.

It doesn't seem like you need much advice. Just more activity, leads. you are already doing better than most agents in this field.

Diagnosing on a forum?? ;)

It would really depend on why the chargeback. Every year I'm in this business my chargebacks are less. That speaks to simply experience. But they never go away in this business. Since I'm as earned about the only chargebacks I have are rescinded contestable policies.

I rarely have a not taken. I think I only had one not taken all year last year. On one issued as applied, that is. I had a few that came back other than applied that people didn't accept the OTAF offer.

A big part of that is that I refuse to use the "think about it" close.

It doesn't seem like you need much advice. Just more activity, leads. you are already doing better than most agents in this field.

That IS what this place is for, isn't it? Lol...

One thing I'm looking forward to with more leads is the fact that I'll actually be able to book a decent amount of appointments as opposed to driving around and knocking so much. With ten leads, you can only book so much...it seemed I'd have to knock each door to make things happen for whatever reason.

And yeah, I don't like the "think about it" close. To me it's just an invitation to cancel.

I think that's fantastic that you've worked your way up to a place where you can be as earned. Maybe when my numbers get up to where I'd like them to be for awhile, I'll go to a six month advance.....

You must have a 30% or better close ratio or your average AP per case is over $1000 to produce numbers like that on 10 leads a week. Must live in FE heaven.

You must have a 30% or better close ratio or your average AP per case is over $1000 to produce numbers like that on 10 leads a week. Must live in FE heaven.

It's my closing. Definitely better then 30%

I have no problem getting them. Keeping them I could do a better job.

Seems like you make these exact same threads every April. Why not find out your PPL and multiply it by projected leads? As Mr. Duford usually points out, up to a point, it can be scaled.

Latest posts

Back