Call Backs...again and Again and Again

So when Ms Mary finally opens the door and you say "Hey I need to see John". then the gatekeeper crap starts. As you say many are just a lost cause and you got to move on.Many will peek out the side glass next to the door and want to know what its about. I've found when people are this guarded its irrelevant what you do

So when Ms Mary finally opens the door and you say "Hey I need to see John". then the gatekeeper crap starts. As you say many are just a lost cause and you got to move on.Many will peek out the side glass next to the door and want to know what its about. I've found when people are this guarded its irrelevant what you do

This is when you pull out settlers big check! Ask JD...it works every time!

So I'm just curious as to what the general consensus is here when you get people on the phone that would like a call back at a later time. While I don't mind doing one call back, sometimes you can get a feel for the person on the phone when it comes to this.

When I was green in the business I would make "phone appointments" and call people back on the exact day and time they specified only to get pushed out to another time, and then another time, etc. Usually these people are nothing but time wasters.

We all know how "busy" these seniors are, where if they have a doctors appointment on Thursday and you're calling them on Monday, their whole week is shot because of it.

I found myself trashing alot of leads today because of this very thing. If I can't book them this week, unless they have a legitimate reason, I usually bin the whole lead.

What do you guys do with these?

Door knock those suckers!:yes:

So I'm just curious as to what the general consensus is here when you get people on the phone that would like a call back at a later time. While I don't mind doing one call back, sometimes you can get a feel for the person on the phone when it comes to this.

When I was green in the business I would make "phone appointments" and call people back on the exact day and time they specified only to get pushed out to another time, and then another time, etc. Usually these people are nothing but time wasters.

We all know how "busy" these seniors are, where if they have a doctors appointment on Thursday and you're calling them on Monday, their whole week is shot because of it.

I found myself trashing alot of leads today because of this very thing. If I can't book them this week, unless they have a legitimate reason, I usually bin the whole lead.

I NEVER call a lead for a Senior---they will almost never agree to meet you. If you show up on the doorstep with THEIR handwriting on a card they will fish or cut bait

No idea what the consensus is, nor care.

Here's what I do;

I call on Monday for Tues appointments. I have 14 county folders that I work regularly. I decide which county I'm going to work the next day. Usually it's the county I just got new leads for.

My goal is set 6 appointments for the next day. I will call through all the leads for that county or until I have 6 appointments set. If I call through them all and don't have 6 set then I start over and call through them again. If still not 6 set I will take a half hour or so break and then call through them twice more or until I have 6 set.

It almost never takes that many calls. For the people that can't/won't meet the next day I find out why. If I think it's BS then I drop that card in the trash. If I believe it to be a valid reason I tell them I will call next time I'm working that area. I put that lead in the folder with a note on it to call next time.

I will not schedule any appointments for any day other than tomorrow.

I used to look up phone numbers on lead cards that have no phone number. I no longer do that. Those are the ones I DK. I hate to DK and only DK as a last resort. Those leads are all paper clipped together and put on the bottom. If I have a no show or two from my scheduled appointments then I go to that stack and DK.

He is a medsupp guy so what he says about FE is fairly loose at best.

Hey now, be nice. All Med Supp guys are not alike.:laugh:

----------

I always pretend I can't hear them. If they won't open the door I just give them a big smile and the reverse "Wave" and leave.:yes:

So I'm just curious as to what the general consensus is here when you get people on the phone that would like a call back at a later time.
I found myself trashing alot of leads today because of this very thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back