CE- what a Bunch of Dogsh*t

Mine wasn't timed. Maybe some states are but mine wasn't. Did last april and i don't bs. i think i read some states are timed.

Mine wasn't timed. Maybe some states are but mine wasn't. Did last april and i don't bs. i think i read some states are timed.

Mine wasn't timed either. I got my CE credits done in an hour and a half. I could take it as much times as I wanted and just skipped the content and went right to the test.

Well, be prepared- cause I'm doing it now in Florida with Web CE and it's complete f*ckin ass...

Well you have fun with that.....you have 2 years to figure out if you can grandfather out........maybe Florida insurance agents do not last past 20 years....hahahaha

Doesn't look like they exempt anyone:
A licensee who has been licensed for 25 years or more and is a CLU or a CPCU or has a Bachelor of Science degree in risk management or insurance with evidence of 18 or more semester hours in insurance-related courses must also complete a minimum of 5 hours of elective continuing education courses every 2 years.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

I have been a resident FL agent for almost 40 years and still have to complete 20 hours of CE every 2 years. If you don't like self study then attend a webinar which requires no test. Self study is much less expensive, but you have to pass a final exam.

Well, be prepared- cause I'm doing it now in Florida with Web CE and it's complete f*ckin ass...

I'm in FL, too and just finished it with Web CE. It's my understanding that it's a new FL rule. I was shocked and a bit ticked when I saw that you had to sit in front of the screen for hours before taking each course exam. It will log you out after 10 minutes of no activity. I did, however, find a way around it. Behold.....

1) Use Firefox as your browser. If you already use Firefox then disable any script blockers.

2) After logging into the actual course and you're looking at any course page that has your time at the top, right click on that page and select "Reload This Page Every"....then select "Custom". Create a 9 minute custom page refresh. Actually, the creation of this page refresh time can be done anytime on any webpage.

3) Select the "9 minutes" page refresh option then select "Enable: 9 minutes".

4) After 9 minutes look for a popup asking you if you want to use the timeout on this page. I don't have that popup in front of me but select Yes or OK or whatever it says.

5) After getting past this first popup the page should now refresh every 9 minutes and not log you out of the course. Just "set it and forget it". I wouldn't set it and go to bed since being logged in 8-10 hours or so for the required 5 hours may look suspicious. But you can set it and go eat dinner, watch a movie, or go have sex with the wife (afterwards you'll have to find something else to do for the other 95 percent of the time you're waiting).

Hope this helps.

To bad they didn't have a second option for a harder test with no required screen viewing that might force you to review the material but doesn't waste your time..Did mine with webce for Maine last year not as bad as Florida sounds but still no skip to the test and required to view every page...it reminds me of when I had to do the review of a new series of annuities from one carrier with hour long courses for each annuity plus one for the family..loaded it on six browsers and let it chatter in the background till the noise level dropped.

Back