Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Reply to Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent     
Old 10-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
Super Genius

State: KINGBICHO is an Insurance Agent from California
Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent
Has anyone here been successful enough to change careers from working for captive insurance companies to becoming an independent final expense agent? If so, any advice or suggestions?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent

Old 10-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #2

State: Bazinga is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent Re: Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent
Most people start as a captive agent for the support, mentoring, training, and to learn the business in general. When they have got the hang of their niches in the field and have a solid Business Plan they venture out into the independent arena.
Advice/Suggestions: Before venturing independent have a business model done in detail....Marketing, Contracts with carriers/imo's, start up costs, ect.... People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Expert
100kinssales on Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent - Insurance Forum

State: 100kinssales is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent Re: Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent
Sometimes, it can seem daunting to move independent. Take into consideration the PAY OFF versus the RISK. Is the payoff worth the risk?

Also, make sure you have a plan. Find some mentors who have been successful as independents and find out what they did.

Wisdom.

If you need some free encouragement, click here.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
Super Genius
SPUR CITY on Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent - Insurance Forum

State: SPUR CITY is an Insurance Agent from Texas
I don't believe I'd be in the business today had I not started out as a captive agent. ONE of MANY ways to have a successful transition would be to get on board w/ a good lead company w/ fair contracts. Get on board under someone who you FEEL will help you along the way in the beginning, and then PRAY you survive the onslaught!

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Which holiday is on Dec.25-th ? I agree to forum rules 

Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Super Genius

State: KINGBICHO is an Insurance Agent from California
Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent Re: Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent KINGBICHO is the thread starter for: Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent

So far I found someone decent enough with the contracts. It is a shell shock since that once steady captive income is gone. But having a positive attitude goes a long way, I believe I will succeed. I have to, I have no choice....thanks
Reply to Changing from Captive Agent to Independent FE Agent 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum