Christmas Time is Hard to Set Appointments?

nfl72

Guru
1000 Post Club
This is my third year selling FE insurance around christmas time and it seems like every year around this time lots of people are breaking scheduled appointments. When I schedule appointments I always have them get a pen and write down my name, number and appointment time and ask them to please call me if they can not make it. Most of the time I do not get stood up. This time of year, however; I get lots of people calling me in advance to cancel as they are too busy. I had 4 appointments scheduled for yesterday and three out of 4 canceled the day before and the other cancelled in the morning.

Is it just me or do other agents have the same trouble this time of year?

Any comments would be appreciated.

:1baffled:

This is my third year selling FE insurance around christmas time and it seems like every year around this time lots of people are breaking scheduled appointments. When I schedule appointments I always have them get a pen and write down my name, number and appointment time and ask them to please call me if they can not make it. Most of the time I do not get stood up. This time of year, however; I get lots of people calling me in advance to cancel as they are too busy. I had 4 appointments scheduled for yesterday and three out of 4 canceled the day before and the other cancelled in the morning.

Is it just me or do other agents have the same trouble this time of year?

Any comments would be appreciated.

:1baffled:

I have found that the only people that tell you that you do business as usual during this time is marketers.

This is a terrible time for people to be willing to meet. I usually do very well production in Dec., I have almost $15,000 this month, but it's it's done the first part of the month. I don't get leads this time of year anymore. I didn't get leads last sat. and I will not this Sat.

I have talked to some agents that are trying to make appointments this week and they say they are having the same problems that you mentioned. People are not in the business mode right now.

I called a dentist office yesterday to reschedule a Jan appointment. I got an answering machine message saying they are closed this week.

It's just a good time to sit back and chill yourself. Reflect on the year past and make plans for next year.

I worked for Toyota for 14 years as a salesman from 1978 until 1992. The week between Christmas and New Years is their best week of the year by far.

I did write some good business the first two weeks in December but most of them weren't making their first payment until January. I had to work them pretty hard just to agree to meet with me in December. Most of my leads have very little money this time of year.

I too have a lot of people putting me off until January, but if my memory serves me right , many of them are just trying to blow me off politely. I work phone leads and I think its much more important for me to strike when the iron is hot. Most of them I close within a week or maybe two. If i don't get them by then most of them, I don't get.

Last edited:
Everyone gets busy this time of year. Most of the time, people can put off discussions about insurance, so they do. It might be on their mind right now, but there is no urgency above other things going on.

It can make it tough to do a lot of business in December, but its there to be had if you keep going. Not everyone has a lot of family activities or Christmas parties to attend. But you do need to be prepared for rescheduled appointments.

The fact that they called you to let you know they can't make it is actually a VERY positive sign. Yes, it is delayed, but they aren't just ignoring you.

Dan

I worked for Toyota for 14 years as a salesman from 1978 until 1992. The week between Christmas and New Years is their best week of the year by far.

I did write some good business the first two weeks in December but most of them weren't making their first payment until January. I had to work them pretty hard just to agree to meet with me in December. Most of my leads have very little money this time of year.

I too have a lot of people putting me off until January, but if my memory serves me right , many of them are just trying to blow me off politely. I work phone leads and I think its much more important for me to strike when the iron is hot. Most of them I close within a week or maybe two. If i don't get them by then most of them, I don't get.

Well, there you go!! Selling FE is exactly like selling cars. Shouldn't be a problem.:D

There is a little difference. When they bought the car they were an owner.

Back