Chronic Kidney Disease...

GoPokes

Guru
1000 Post Club
So, this is un-ordinary situation, that's why im asking y'all for pointers....

I sold this guy and his wife a level policy with equitable a couple months ago, effective may 2015. He calls me today because he was reviewing his policy, and he remembered that sometime last year his VA doctor told him he had stage 3 chronic kidney disease (and this year it is down to stage 2), and he realizes that he told me wrong and he wants to change the box he checked.

He also tells me that his wife was told by a nurse about 5 years ago that she was having some dementia, this was after she was in a car accident. The equitable app asks if "ever diagnosed....by a member of the medical profession...for dementia".

They didn't tell me about any of this when I wrote them. And neither of them has taken any meds for either of these. This guy's brother was a lawyer and made his career defending a lady who couldn't collect on an FE death claim (that's what he told me at least)....

So, anyhow, what do you guys suggest? Do I need to rewrite them a graded/mod plan

This guy is one of those anxious types that talks endlessly, even when i interrupt him, he just talks over me and keeps going....not that this matters with this case, but sooooo annoying.

Ive never had someone call me after a policy was issued and ask to change their response, so im a bit puzzled.

As long as he's not on dialysis he can get level with Aetna with kidney disease. This is the only question Aetna asks:

kidney disease requiring dialysis

I sold this guy and his wife a level policy with equitable a couple months ago, effective may 2015. He calls me today because he was reviewing his policy, and he remembered that sometime last year his VA doctor told him he had stage 3 chronic kidney disease (and this year it is down to stage 2), and he realizes that he told me wrong and he wants to change the box he checked.

He also tells me that his wife was told by a nurse about 5 years ago that she was having some dementia, this was after she was in a car accident. The equitable app asks if "ever diagnosed....by a member of the medical profession...for dementia".

They didn't tell me about any of this when I wrote them. And neither of them has taken any meds for either of these. This guy's brother was a lawyer and made his career defending a lady who couldn't collect on an FE death claim (that's what he told me at least)....

So, anyhow, what do you guys suggest? Do I need to rewrite them a graded/mod plan

This guy is one of those anxious types that talks endlessly, even when i interrupt him, he just talks over me and keeps going....not that this matters with this case, but sooooo annoying.

Ive never had someone call me after a policy was issued and ask to change their response, so im a bit puzzled.

Had a guy cancel a policy because he went to the doctor after I wrote the App. and was diagnosed with COPD. Didnt want to commit 3rd degree charges.
He said he went to funeral home and took out a preneed plan.
I felt relieved as he was a hard sell and he might have been a bitter lapse.

Had a guy cancel a policy because he went to the doctor after I wrote the App. and was diagnosed with COPD. Didnt want to commit 3rd degree charges.
He said he went to funeral home and took out a preneed plan.
I felt relieved as he was a hard sell and he might have been a bitter lapse.

Wow reading this really sums up our clientele... Like they say...

" you cant fix stupid "

:goofy:

I'm supremely dubious of his claim that his CKD has gone from Stage 3 to Stage 2. Stage 3 is usually the tipping point between "livable issue with modest changes/meds" to "this is a problem". Stage 3 is also split into 3a and 3b because it's a tricky spot. From the other posts it sounds like this guy and his wife aren't going to be fruitful for you as clients.

-------------------------------------------------------

I believe you have a duty and obligation, whether contractually in the agent agreement and/or ethically, to report any inaccuracies to the application health questions. I would immediately notify the company and ask how they want to resolve the issue.

no Nephrologist is going to spend the time or energy differentiating between stage 2 and stage 3 kidney disease, at that stage it varies day to day by as much as 30% either way depending on fluid intake, diet, physical activity, As a rule kidney disease only gets worse - never better.

Back