Client I Just Wrote Moving to Another State

Speck

Guru
100+ Post Club
I just wrote an SNL application on a guy that's moving this weekend to another state where I don't have a license. If I put his new address in the other state will that be a problem for SNL to mail his policy there, or should I put a local address and then mail it out to him? I know some of the term companies ask where the app was written and where it will be delivered.

Did you not write him in the state he lived in and you were licensed in at that time?Also its irrelevant were he lives anyhow. Its the state were he signed the app that matters and you have to be licensed there. Also either have Snl mail the policy to the address were he used to live and its forwarded or have them mail to you and you send to him.

I just wrote an SNL application on a guy that's moving this weekend to another state where I don't have a license. If I put his new address in the other state will that be a problem for SNL to mail his policy there, or should I put a local address and then mail it out to him? I know some of the term companies ask where the app was written and where it will be delivered.

Write his new address and submit a note explaining the situation and everything should be fine.

What pbear said. Also why not have them send you the policy?

What pbear said. Also why not have them send you the policy?

If I'm not going to deliver the policy in person, I'd prefer to not have to spend more time and effort going to the post office when SNL can deliver it to him faster by skipping me the middle man.

I'll write a note like Tommy said....thanks.

If I'm not going to deliver the policy in person, I'd prefer to not have to spend more time and effort going to the post office when SNL can deliver it to him faster by skipping me the middle man.

OK. I have all policies sent to me. Even if I am going to mail. I copy the Spec page, non forfeiture pages as well as any other pages I need. How else can I cover those years later?

----------

I print priority labels at the office and the mailman picks up the policy packets..

They are not SNL's client. They are mine.

OK. I have all policies sent to me. Even if I am going to mail. I copy the Spec page, non forfeiture pages as well as any other pages I need. How else can I cover those years later?

----------

I print priority labels at the office and the mailman picks up the policy packets..

Well said, this is how I operate also. I can't understand why an agent would not want to look at a policy before sending it to a client.:yes:

Well said, this is how I operate also. I can't understand why an agent would not want to look at a policy before sending it to a client.:yes:

You check them for errors. Just within the past year I've found two policies with mistakes. One was a client that had missing AD (that was applied for) and the other had the Non-Fort page messed up (which showed that the policy would be more or less paid up in three years).

I also add my contact sticker on the front, on the spec page, On the folder of course. Along with business cards. Depending on the client, we may add a flyer such as the MoO child policy.

We all run our businesses differently. A lot of what I do is geared to building a book of clients.

----------

Yea lmao try telling that to a carrier like 5 star lol, cant even login to check "your" clients and no notice from them about anything on "your" clients, sorry but this post to me is funny. If they were truly "your" clients you would be allowed to view rx and mib info. Sorry its a jedi mind bender we have been fed, they aint our clients, we are cogs in the wheel, and im ok with that now i have accepted it. But i understand what you are saying at the same time.

----------

How many different forms of insurance do you produce? Are you fulltime in fe? How many policies dobyou place each year in fe? Why would i want to waste time looking at a small $35k simple issue policy? Doesnt make sense. Thats busy work and ive got better things to do like sell more apps.

Back