Columbian Final Expense Presentation Video

He's not the comedian that we've seen from other companies but he wants to be. Still kinda funny. A little misleading when he says cash value is "insuring your insurance".

Surprised that compliance lets that video get out the door. He says that the cash value will pay the premiums for you. That's awesome. I might have to get one of those for myself.

I replaced a Colombian agent a couple weeks ago. He had lowered the face amount for the client to lower his payment but never told him that he lowered the face amount. client was understandably upset. You never sent him the new policy either. He told him that he could just keep the old policy.

Then I get a call last night sad he's gonna lose all the money hes paid into the policy and he wants to keep the old one. Had to spend about a half hour on the phone with him to explain that he was covered while he was making those payments and he doesn't have any cash value now so it's not really losing anything.

The Columbian agent also told him that he only makes money in the first year so he's just trying to do right by the client LOL. When I explained to him how we got paid with renewals and the fact that he was trying to add on another $4000 in coverage and replace the wife's policy that he was definitely l not doing this out of the goodness of his heart.

I saved it, but you really got to watch them Colombian agents. I warned him that he would be calling but I did not do a good enough job.

And now I'm going to try to get a new policy rescinded under the free look. Because he never received the new policy.

He's not the comedian that we've seen from other companies but he wants to be. Still kinda funny. A little misleading when he says cash value is "insuring your insurance".

As we know he is referring to the automatic premium loan provision which will keep the policy in force for a period of time.. But, if it is not paid back, eventually the loans plus the accumulated interest will cause the policy to lapse and the client needs to understand that.

I had a case where the client went into a nursing home and quit paying the premiums.. The APL kept it from lapsing and when we found out what had happened, the daughter paid back the loan and continue to pay the premiums until the lady passed away. Had the APL not been checked on the application, the policy would have defaulted to Extended Term and would have run out before she died. made a beleiver out of me. Up to that point I had been sort of ambivalent to requesting APL. Now, I always check it if the application has a place to do so.

----------

I replaced a Colombian agent a couple weeks ago. He had lowered the face amount for the client to lower his payment but never told him that he lowered the face amount. client was understandably upset. You never sent him the new policy either. He told him that he could just keep the old policy.

Then I get a call last night sad he's gonna lose all the money hes paid into the policy and he wants to keep the old one. Had to spend about a half hour on the phone with him to explain that he was covered while he was making those payments and he doesn't have any cash value now so it's not really losing anything.

The Columbian agent also told him that he only makes money in the first year so he's just trying to do right by the client LOL. When I explained to him how we got paid with renewals and the fact that he was trying to add on another $4000 in coverage and replace the wife's policy that he was definitely l not doing this out of the goodness of his heart.

I saved it, but you really got to watch them Colombian agents. I warned him that he would be calling but I did not do a good enough job.

And now I'm going to try to get a new policy rescinded under the free look. Because he never received the new policy.
All companies have agents selling their products that pull that type of stunt.. However, there seems to be one particular agency that works SE TN that seems to do it on a regular basis. Rearden can tell you about them. Settlers used to have an agent around here that was really "good" at it.

well our local Colombian agents do that a lot. So to the Pioneer American ones. Man you stop at bank draft on a PA policy and the agents calling then within the hour.

As we know he is referring to the automatic premium loan provision which will keep the policy in force for a period of time.. But, if it is not paid back, eventually the loans plus the accumulated interest will cause the policy to lapse and the client needs to understand that.

I had a case where the client went into a nursing home and quit paying the premiums.. The APL kept it from lapsing and when we found out what had happened, the daughter paid back the loan and continue to pay the premiums until the lady passed away. Had the APL not been checked on the application, the policy would have defaulted to Extended Term and would have run out before she died. made a beleiver out of me. Up to that point I had been sort of ambivalent to requesting APL. Now, I always check it if the application has a place to do so.

----------

All companies have agents selling their products that pull that type of stunt.. However, there seems to be one particular agency that works SE TN that seems to do it on a regular basis. Rearden can tell you about them. Settlers used to have an agent around here that was really "good" at it.

Agents know what he is talking about but he wasn't supposedly talking to agents.

I would like to know if this guy ever sold FE for a living. I know what my guess is but I would like to know if I'm right.

I didn't like the free gift "checklist" type thing to open up. You guys don't do that do you? After that it doesn't seem bad. Still, if the agent has to think about what something means then a prospect will be dead confused, which is the worst thing for a buyer.

I liked the idea of mentioning inflation so they realize it'll cost more than today's dollars, especially when used with a 3 quote type sale.

Back