Contract Level Philanthropist

Tearmann

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Michigan
Instead of possibly high jacking another thread by a similar name I thought I would start a new one.

While I appreciate the transparency of Hoosier feeling it necessary to call out other IMO’s by letting everyone know the contract levels they’re entitled too regardless of proven production; so as not to be fooled by IMO’s making a living on the backs of their agents.

That transparency should go all the way up the line revealing every level up the chain. While I believe that some IMO’s and MGA’s may very well make a living on the backs of their agent keeping their agent contracts artificially low to bank as much money as possible I have yet to find them here on this forum.

In fact I find just the opposite. They give as high a contract as they can without putting themselves at financial risk. That risk being rolled-up chargebacks on agents that are advanced. Let’s face it most new FE agents are advanced and unless an IMO/MGA has at least a 20 point spread over his/her downline they’re liable to be out of business within a year.

The new street contract from RNA that went from 115% to 120% by removing the production requirement is fine, great even. They obviously want to increase their FE business. As well they should! I find their FE plan a great product and a great company to work with, with competitive rates.

The problem is they didn’t increase the comp level and renewal commissions all the way up the chain leveling the playing field. So those quality IMO’s/MGA’s that do have their agent’s best interest at heart now just lost the ability to promote mangers in their downline who intern can build an agency themselves. Those IMO’s/MGA’s not reaching the current production requirements to have a higher contract are now at financial risk.

So that means offering RNA 120 contracts to any agent with a pulse or “…fog a mirror…”as previous mentioned and being promoted as the new street is not a good business decision. At the end of day why would any IMO/MGA offer RNA to their field force that cannot maintain a 20 point spread putting themselves at financial risk? Hence, RNA loses more business then it will ever gain.

I see this debacle going one of two ways: RNA increases the IMO/MGA of those under a higher contract to higher contract with equal renewal commission or they’ll reinstate production requirements to warrant a 120 contract. I’m betting on the latter…which makes it a nasty conversation to have roll back a commission on an agent field force.:skeptical:

Last edited:
In fact I find just the opposite. They give as high a contract as they can without putting themselves at financial risk. That risk being rolled-up chargebacks on agents that are advanced. Let’s face it most new FE agents are advanced and unless an IMO/MGA has at least a 20 point spread over his/her downline they’re liable to be out of business within a year.

If advancing is the financial risk that warrants an FMO needing a bigger override, I would love to do away with advancing.

Instead of possibly high jacking another thread by a similar name I thought I would start a new one. While I appreciate the transparency of Hoosier feeling it necessary to call out other IMO’s by letting everyone know the contract levels they’re entitled too regardless of proven production; so as not to be fooled by IMO’s making a living on the backs of their agents. That transparency should go all the way up the line revealing every level up the chain. While I believe that some IMO’s and MGA’s may very well make a living on the backs of their agent keeping their agent contracts artificially low to bank as much money as possible I have yet to find them here on this forum. In fact I find just the opposite. They give as high a contract as they can without putting themselves at financial risk. That risk being rolled-up chargebacks on agents that are advanced. Let’s face it most new FE agents are advanced and unless an IMO/MGA has at least a 20 point spread over his/her downline they’re liable to be out of business within a year. The new street contract from RNA that went from 115% to 120% by removing the production requirement is fine, great even. They obviously want to increase their FE business. As well they should! I find their FE plan a great product and a great company to work with, with competitive rates. The problem is they didn’t increase the comp level and renewal commissions all the way up the chain leveling the playing field. So those quality IMO’s/MGA’s that do have their agent’s best interest at heart now just lost the ability to promote mangers in their downline who intern can build an agency themselves. Those IMO’s/MGA’s not reaching the current production requirements to have a 140 contract are now at financial risk. So that means offering RNA 120 contracts to any agent with a pulse or “…fog a mirror…”as previous mentioned and being promoted as the new street is not a good business decision. At the end of day why would any IMO/MGA offer RNA to their field force that cannot maintain a 20 point spread putting themselves at financial risk? Hence, RNA loses more business then it will ever gain. I see this debacle going one of two ways: RNA increases the IMO/MGA of those under a 140 contract to 140 with equal renewal commission or they’ll reinstate production requirements to warrant a 120 contract. I’m betting on the latter…which makes it a nasty conversation to have roll back a commission on an agent field force.:skeptical:

Agencies that have multi layers normally don't compete with the higher contracts. They compete by being more hands on with their agents.
Our business model doesn't encourage agent recruiting. At least not without hands on training or something of value to the agent below the middle agency.
We try to be agent focused, not agency focused.
Every agency has to sell their own strengths. Commission level is not the only tool to attract agents.

Instead of possibly high jacking another thread by a similar name I thought I would start a new one. While I appreciate the transparency of Hoosier feeling it necessary to call out other IMO’s by letting everyone know the contract levels they’re entitled too regardless of proven production; so as not to be fooled by IMO’s making a living on the backs of their agents. That transparency should go all the way up the line revealing every level up the chain. While I believe that some IMO’s and MGA’s may very well make a living on the backs of their agent keeping their agent contracts artificially low to bank as much money as possible I have yet to find them here on this forum. In fact I find just the opposite. They give as high a contract as they can without putting themselves at financial risk. That risk being rolled-up chargebacks on agents that are advanced. Let’s face it most new FE agents are advanced and unless an IMO/MGA has at least a 20 point spread over his/her downline they’re liable to be out of business within a year. The new street contract from RNA that went from 115% to 120% by removing the production requirement is fine, great even. They obviously want to increase their FE business. As well they should! I find their FE plan a great product and a great company to work with, with competitive rates. The problem is they didn’t increase the comp level and renewal commissions all the way up the chain leveling the playing field. So those quality IMO’s/MGA’s that do have their agent’s best interest at heart now just lost the ability to promote mangers in their downline who intern can build an agency themselves. Those IMO’s/MGA’s not reaching the current production requirements to have a 140 contract are now at financial risk. So that means offering RNA 120 contracts to any agent with a pulse or “…fog a mirror…”as previous mentioned and being promoted as the new street is not a good business decision. At the end of day why would any IMO/MGA offer RNA to their field force that cannot maintain a 20 point spread putting themselves at financial risk? Hence, RNA loses more business then it will ever gain. I see this debacle going one of two ways: RNA increases the IMO/MGA of those under a 140 contract to 140 with equal renewal commission or they’ll reinstate production requirements to warrant a 120 contract. I’m betting on the latter…which makes it a nasty conversation to have roll back a commission on an agent field force.:skeptical:

It went from 105 to 120. The other side of that business model that you laid out was changed because it didn't work for RNA.

So the fault is on the IMO's who want to build multiple levels. The ones who are complaining now.

If these (IMO's) would have been doing what they say this change will prevent them from doing, the change never would have happened.

RNA did not make changes because production was good. Any IMO who is mad should blame themselves. They dropped the ball and didn't hold up their end of the deal.

Times they are a changing, and multiple levels and mini agencies within agencies is going to be extinct. The biggest reason is cost of doing business. Leads are getting more and more expensive and the competition is fierce.

Travis

Last edited:
It went from 105 to 120. The other side of that business model that you laid out was changed because it didn't work for RNA.

So the fault is on the IMO's who want to build multiple levels. The ones who are complaining now.

If these (IMO's) would have been doing what they say this change will prevent them from doing, the change never would have happened.

RNA did not make changes because production was good. Any IMO who is mad should blame themselves. They dropped the ball and didn't hold up their end of the deal.

Times they are a changing, and multiple levels and mini agencies within agencies is going to be extinct. The biggest reason is cost of doing business. Leads are getting more and more expensive and the competition is fierce.

Travis

I'm not quite following you here. What changes are you talking about? Product changes or commission schedule changes?

So Todd are you giving 120% to all agents like Fex does?And my second question is I was at 110% with rna will my commission level be adjusted to 120 or 125% automatically or do I have to call the imo to adjust it?I would think rna would adjust it automatically.

So Todd are you giving 120% to all agents like Fex does?And my second question is I was at 110% with rna will my commission level be adjusted to 120 or 125% automatically or do I have to call the imo to adjust it?I would think rna would adjust it automatically.

It's not automatic. Your up line had to fill out a form.

So Newby if I was at 110% and street was 105% should I now be at 125% since street is 120%?

Back