Cross-Selling Or Not

lgreen

Guru
100+ Post Club
The question is for those that do cross-sell is do you feel like the time spent cross-selling makes up for the time that you lose selling FE? I have never done cross-selling as I have a hard time making the switch. I would assume that if it is a current client then it is an easier sale than most. To me losing time that could be made with FE sales would be pretty hard to make up with Med Supp/MA sales or cancer plans. Opinions?

I tried absolutely zero cross selling for the first year I was in FE. Then I began cross selling med supp and, annuity.

I guarantee I left a ton of money on the table but I feel comfortable with my FE ability. Now,I am perfecting my other skills.

Most important advice I can give you it's remember why your their FIRST AND FOREMOST, then after you have a signed FE app use the Colombo approach to ask about Medicare or retirement savings

The question is for those that do cross-sell is do you feel like the time spent cross-selling makes up for the time that you lose selling FE? I have never done cross-selling as I have a hard time making the switch. I would assume that if it is a current client then it is an easier sale than most. To me losing time that could be made with FE sales would be pretty hard to make up with Med Supp/MA sales or cancer plans. Opinions?

First a question, do you consider Traditional life products as cross selling?

First a question, do you consider Traditional life products as cross selling?

Yes. If they have enough money to write out a check for a funeral then I am pretty much done with them as a prospect. This includes the ones that sit there and start adding up how many years does it take of monthly premiums to equal death benefit.

Yes. If they have enough money to write out a check for a funeral then I am pretty much done with them as a prospect. This includes the ones that sit there and start adding up how many years does it take of monthly premiums to equal death benefit.

To answer your question I do cross sell. But I do not see selling life products as cross selling.

I sell everything they need.

Yes, it's worth it to me. Learn one thing well. Then expand.

Of course it's worth it for the cross sells you do get. It's absolutely not worth the time spent on the ones that aren't there.

Knowing the difference is the key.

There's not much opportunity for cross selling when running FE leads. You are dealing with the 1%'er that are world class procrastinators.

I do ask every who they have their med sup with. I'm able to sell about 20 med sups a year that way. Of course they will almost all tell you they have a med sup. In reality they are MA plans. People just call them their sup.

MA would be a natural cross sell but you can't bring them up. They have to ask you about them. I chose to not deal with MA/MAPD.

I focus on fE for one simple reason, the agents I've witnessed that make the most money in the FE business are the ones that specialize in selling FE.

To answer your question I do cross sell. But I do not see selling life products as cross selling.

I think hell just froze over, we agree on this Lee:biggrin:

By the way, I forgot to thank you for the info you emailed me on Sagicor and the video. Sorry I have been sour lately, nothing personal.

I think hell just froze over, we agree on this Lee:biggrin:

By the way, I forgot to thank you for the info you emailed me on Sagicor and the video. Sorry I have been sour lately, nothing personal.

We Kool.

This is a place for me to learn or remember something that used to work and also give back where I can. But it is also a play ground for me. I do not take this to serious.

I was at SeaWorld yesterday when the MC ask that prior and current service members stand I noticed a young woman struggle to stand up from her wheelchair. While my son stood next to me healthy and strong. That **** is serious.

But yeah man we are good.

JD is correct in that most top FE agents focus on the FE because if you're going to sell a lot of FE, you won't have time for much else. Diffusion is the enemy of productivity. I am in Philly where MA's are big. That coupled with a lot of retired union, etc. doesn't make for a good med sup market. I only discuss it if asked.

With that said, if I were selling out in the country, I would ask about it with everyone. With a lot of time wasted driving in the country, it would definitely make sense to try to get more than one sale while in a home, imho. You see a lot jacks of all trades in little towns. You have to be resourceful to survive out there.

Back