Daviso Insurance Group. Any Thoughts?

Just curious as to your opinion JD. Do you not seeing this changing in the next 5 to 10 years. I sold a 75k GUL over the phone yesterday. Now granted outside of age he was not typical FE prospect. He was 73 with an income of about 70k. He had very few problems with the e-signature though, and was healthy.

I am with you on would be selling fe over the phone be a difficult endeavor. Do you think at some point that will change? After all the debit market while still there I think is drying up a bit. Anyway just curious as to your thoughts, and I am talking 5 to 10 years. I have sold some f2f final expense and I can see how that market needing some hand holding. That said I am seeing more of it every year. It is still only 10 to 15 percent of my sales, and admittedly these are internet leads out of the gate. So a bit different but some a certainly FE type sales and the persistency is not great but not terrible (say 80%). Again not my focus.

At some date in the future though will a tipping point happen. Curious as to your thoughts.

No, I do not think it will change for FE. I know many very successful telesales agents that sell term, UL's traditional whole life, whether FU or SI, and even more successful agents selling med sups by phone.

I sell a few FE policies by phone now and I always have.

Companies would love for someone to perfect the FE telesales model so they could cut out agents and sell direct. That's why they sink money into it.

Is it possible that the whole FE demographic could change? Yes, it's possible. You're asking me for my opinion on it. I don't believe it will change.

----------

Of course, it only counts if some guy in rural kentucky has heard of him.

Or some cheesehead that's obsessed with that guy in Ky.

But, I know of those people. And there's a few unicorns out there successfully selling FE by phone that are not connected to one of the FE plantation call centers.

If you want to base your opinion on the exceptions then go ahead. I don't care if you have a differing opinion. You care that I do. Again, look up obsession.

And then, who's pimping telesales? The marketers that recruit for telesales. They have all heard of some agent somewhere that their uncle heard about from Fred down at the feedmill that has a customer that's supposedly killing it.

You almost never hear from any agent that working on his own selling FE by phone and doing well at it. I can think of 3 since I've been on this forum.

Yet, I hear the opposite almost every day. Agents contact me asking how to get away from that deal. Agents come to FEX telling their stories of how they tried the telesales dream positioned by the marketers.

I've seen many former telesales agents change direction and do very well selling face to face. Never seen even 1 agent go from face to face to telesales and make it. Whether they were successful at face to face or not.

And for your edification, I'm talking about it as a model. I've sold several FE policies by phone this year. And even a few term by phone.

But if I can keep even one agent from falling for that marketing BS of being able to thrive as an FE telesales agent then I'm good with that.

As for you, just continue on with your obsession with me and your personal attacks. You are not a blip on the radar.

----------

FinalExpenseDirect.com did $9.7mm in revenue in 2016 according to Inc: https://www.inc.com/profile/final-expense-direct

And here's an example of 1 agent crushing it in FE telesales:
Journey of a New Website to Daily Life Insurance Leads (Within 6 Months!) – SellTermLife.com

What percentage of that $9.7 mil was FE?

And that guy supposedly "crushing it"? Can you define "crushing it". I listened to that and nothing in that sales pitch came out as he was crushing it. In fact, he doesn't say what the ap is, how many leads it takes, etc.

Even with the softball questions he was given he didn't give details.

Other than a commercial what value was there?

FinalExpenseDirect.com did $9.7mm in revenue in 2016 according to Inc: https://www.inc.com/profile/final-expense-direct

And here's an example of 1 agent crushing it in FE telesales:
Journey of a New Website to Daily Life Insurance Leads (Within 6 Months!) – SellTermLife.com

JRoot thanks for sharing! Kim and Ellen Jo are personal friends of mine and they run an outstanding operation. They are indeed selling alot of FE over the phone, and to my knowledge, only selling FE over the phone!

----------

So it is true, they do have 100k income producers! Ill say this, im fascinated by the idea of telesales. And most telesales organizations are a complete joke, but even his competitors speak highly of his organization and none that i spoke to can prove a 6 figure earner.

Youre a beast jd no doubt about it, but you reek of hate my man...let it go.

Yes, we have plenty of 100k income producers. I dont think anyone is questioning that, I think the point of contention is weather or not telesales is a viable business model for the agent. From my experience it is, if done correctly, but that holds true for face to face agents as well.

And that guy supposedly "crushing it"? Can you define "crushing it". I listened to that and nothing in that sales pitch came out as he was crushing it. In fact, he doesn't say what the ap is, how many leads it takes, etc.

I don't know what percentage was FE, but I'd bet a very high percentage since they are "final expense direct" - does it matter? Someone asked for an example of another big FE call center. This one is.

Everyone's definition of "crushing it" is different. In my book, taking control of your lead gen (not relying on 3rd party DM), profiting over $8k/mo within 8 months (solely from his website, this doesn't include other online marketing), very high persistency and doing it all from the comfort of your own home is crushing it in my book. He said he did $19k in placed AP the week before from his website (not including other marketing). Maybe your definition of "crushing it" is different?

As far as value? Showing agents FE telesales can be done successfully. Showing agents high persistency in FE telesales can be accomplished. Showing agents they can generate their own leads online is value.

As you know JD, we have opposing views on FE telesales. I don't wish to further engage you on this - nothing will come of it. What I shared was intended for other agents to see because they're mostly hearing from one side of the business.

I don't know what percentage was FE, but I'd bet a very high percentage since they are "final expense direct" - does it matter? Someone asked for an example of another big FE call center. This one is.

Everyone's definition of "crushing it" is different. In my book, taking control of your lead gen (not relying on 3rd party DM), profiting over $8k/mo within 8 months (solely from his website, this doesn't include other online marketing), very high persistency and doing it all from the comfort of your own home is crushing it in my book. He said he did $19k in placed AP the week before from his website (not including other marketing). Maybe your definition of "crushing it" is different?

As far as value? Showing agents FE telesales can be done successfully. Showing agents high persistency in FE telesales can be accomplished. Showing agents they can generate their own leads online is value.

As you know JD, we have opposing views on FE telesales. I don't wish to further engage you on this - nothing will come of it. What I shared was intended for other agents to see because they're mostly hearing from one side of the business.

Why do you think there is so much opposition to Telesales?

----------

JRoot thanks for sharing! Kim and Ellen Jo are personal friends of mine and they run an outstanding operation. They are indeed selling alot of FE over the phone, and to my knowledge, only selling FE over the phone!

----------

Yes, we have plenty of 100k income producers. I dont think anyone is questioning that, I think the point of contention is weather or not telesales is a viable business model for the agent. From my experience it is, if done correctly, but that holds true for face to face agents as well.

Something doesn't fit.. if telesales was a great way to make a very good living selling FE why would there be such opposition? It can't just be - "they're old school.."

Seriously, from someone who's in the business, why does Telesales get a bad wrap?

----------

No, I do not think it will change for FE. I know many very successful telesales agents that sell term, UL's traditional whole life, whether FU or SI, and even more successful agents selling med sups by phone.

I sell a few FE policies by phone now and I always have.

Companies would love for someone to perfect the FE telesales model so they could cut out agents and sell direct. That's why they sink money into it.

Is it possible that the whole FE demographic could change? Yes, it's possible. You're asking me for my opinion on it. I don't believe it will change.

----------

Or some cheesehead that's obsessed with that guy in Ky.

But, I know of those people. And there's a few unicorns out there successfully selling FE by phone that are not connected to one of the FE plantation call centers.

If you want to base your opinion on the exceptions then go ahead. I don't care if you have a differing opinion. You care that I do. Again, look up obsession.

And then, who's pimping telesales? The marketers that recruit for telesales. They have all heard of some agent somewhere that their uncle heard about from Fred down at the feedmill that has a customer that's supposedly killing it.

You almost never hear from any agent that working on his own selling FE by phone and doing well at it. I can think of 3 since I've been on this forum.

Yet, I hear the opposite almost every day. Agents contact me asking how to get away from that deal. Agents come to FEX telling their stories of how they tried the telesales dream positioned by the marketers.

I've seen many former telesales agents change direction and do very well selling face to face. Never seen even 1 agent go from face to face to telesales and make it. Whether they were successful at face to face or not.

And for your edification, I'm talking about it as a model. I've sold several FE policies by phone this year. And even a few term by phone.

But if I can keep even one agent from falling for that marketing BS of being able to thrive as an FE telesales agent then I'm good with that.

As for you, just continue on with your obsession with me and your personal attacks. You are not a blip on the radar.

----------

Why did you end up selling a FE policy over the phone rather than in person?

Something doesn't fit.. if telesales was a great way to make a very good living selling FE why would there be such opposition? It can't just be - "they're old school.."

Seriously, from someone who's in the business, why does Telesales get a bad wrap?

Telesales "gets a bad wrap" because nearly all independent agents have failed at it. From my experience those that are part of a group that is running their business correctly do perfectly fine in telesales.

The other point is that many agents think that telesales is the cure to their burn out issue, when in reality it amplifies it. The dream of sitting at home in your boxers closing five deals a day is a farce. Some organizations recruit to that, I've never seen it happen.

But if you come in with the right expectations, and are willing to be coached and implement sales strategies (that only work over the phone) you can find the right organization and make a great living selling FE over the phone.

The key is finding the right organization and totally understanding what youre getting yourself into.

Latest posts

Back