Daviso Insurance Group. Any Thoughts?

Normal does not mean legal. Just in case you were confused.

Speaking of "confused" - telling a 1099 contractor that they must do it your way means (with all kidding aside) that YOU have mis-classified that person. That person, by law, is a w2 employee and should be treated as such.

I wonder how much you'll owe in taxes when someone with half a brain starts working there.

But, hey, what do I know...

Interesting point, tell you what....

Call any insurance carrier and let them know you are going to ignore the DNC List, use voicebroadcasting, and buy Avatar leads to write clients with their product.

Once they tell you, "No, you cant do that." Then tell them you are a 1099 contractor and its against the law for them to dictate how you market to customers.

Then let me know what their answer is, and if you plan on suing them for not putting you on payroll.

Call any insurance carrier and let them know you are going to ignore the DNC List, use voicebroadcasting, and buy Avatar leads to write clients with their product.

Once they tell you, "No, you cant do that." Then tell them you are a 1099 contractor and its against the law for them to dictate how you market to customers.

Then let me know what their answer is, and if you plan on suing them for not putting you on payroll.

You're right.

That's the exact same thing.

How could I have been so stupid?

That's not even close to the same thing. I worked under contract with the Dept of Labor for 12 years. I didn't work with the division that takes care of the stuff you are doing but I saw them in action.

Comparing an agent telling a company they are going to violate the law to your controlling the legal activities of an agent is hardly the same thing. In fact, if you are furnishing the office space, computer, phone, dealer and leads, you may well be in violation on that count. To be a 1099 contractor, the contractor has to supply their own "tools" in addition to having the freedom to set their own hours.

Last edited:
I teach classes in another field as a 1099. I'm given a structure in which the class has to run, and obviously have a set start time to arrive for. I'm sure if he runs a call center with 1099's he knows the law better then us.

In another life, a salesman asked the manager if we "had" to do something. The manager said that as independent contractors we didn't "have" to do anything. But he added they didn't "have" to give us leads either.:eek::laugh:

I appreciate everyone's concern, but there are a lot of details being assumed and/or left out, so I understand how one could come up with these concerns, but they are inaccurate.

When you are our size, complaints and litigation are not a matter of "if", but "when" they will happen.

We've already had these conversations, with relevant organizations of interest, and have yet to feel the need, or have been forced to, change our business model.

But again, thank you for your concerns.

I teach classes in another field as a 1099. I'm given a structure in which the class has to run, and obviously have a set start time to arrive for. I'm sure if he runs a call center with 1099's he knows the law better then us.

The issue is they are taking what a few disgruntled agents have said and forming opinions around that.

I've reached out to his agents via Facebook messaging and there is a whole different story that is not told on here. I don't want to promote his business, so I will keep private conversations private but will say when I asked them about the tight schedule the common answer was "we fill out a schedule to let them know our availability to take inbound leads"

If you're so curious on what goes on there, message his agents on fb. But sitting here speculating and jumping to conclusions, is a complete waste of time.

The issue is they are taking what a few disgruntled agents have said and forming opinions around that.

I've reached out to his agents via Facebook messaging and there is a whole different story that is not told on here. I don't want to promote his business, so I will keep private conversations private but will say when I asked them about the tight schedule the common answer was "we fill out a schedule to let them know our availability to take inbound leads"

If you're so curious on what goes on there, message his agents on fb. But sitting here speculating and jumping to conclusions, is a complete waste of time.

Maybe you should FB those agents he scammed on leads before?

OK, he's staying one step ahead of the posse for now.

That's something to be proud of?

The reason that other story is not being told here is because it can't stand the light.

Maybe you should FB those agents he scammed on leads before?

OK, he's staying one step ahead of the posse for now.

That's something to be proud of?

The reason that other story is not being told here is because it can't stand the light.

I like him. I have nothing against him or his organization and respect what they have accomplished.

You have a weird obsession. Jealousy or hate, either way - move on. You talk about his business through pm with other agents, and take any jab you can. Are you tired of all the time you waste on him?

Back