DEALING with Apartments with Security Buzzers!

Absolutely. Forgive the psychobabble, but the black community has always appreciated a finely dressed person. And religious people of all kinds associate it with clergy. Either that or they figure you for law enforcement and that gets their attention, as well.:twitchy:

I can't even count the number or times I found out that someone initially thought I was the PoPo. When they found out I wasn't, you could almost see a light come on and they would start to open up.

When I was an AFLAC agent working south-central PA, my coordinator made all the guys wear blue business suits when we were out door knocking small businesses.

I would show up unannounced at some shop and as I approached the front counter the owner would stare at me in horror. When I let them know who I was with, their first reaction was to let out a sigh of relief. (A few of them explained that they thought I was with the IRS, ready to conduct an audit. Small businesses in south-central PA love to skim their cash proceeds).

Then they would chew my ass out, since I was the 8th AFLAC agent that week to pay them a visit.
I deal with that AFLAC butt chewing about 1Xmonth! Those people are like ants. They are everywhere!

Ring the people in the office-show them the cards

Tell them "well EVERYONE tells Seniors NOT to answer the phone---so I cant reach them--do you mind if I just go by and drop off the info?"

90% of the time they will say "Well they asked for the info---as long as you are talking JUST to them its OK"
Oh my G-d .. please don't be head of security in any area of life.. :0)

Income filter your leads and move out of the inner city. But if you have that many leads, there are bound to be several in the same complex. Go have a discussion with the manager and sell her on what you do. That's always got me in the door.
Serious Q - how do you move out of the inner city when the market is low income?

Back