DEALING with Apartments with Security Buzzers!

Renoguy

I am really struggling with NOT being able to show DM reply leads their actual reply card when doork-nocking....Because, God forbid they should actually answer their phones! Anyone have any helpful or creative suggestions???

Ring the people in the office-show them the cards

Tell them "well EVERYONE tells Seniors NOT to answer the phone---so I cant reach them--do you mind if I just go by and drop off the info?"

90% of the time they will say "Well they asked for the info---as long as you are talking JUST to them its OK"

Good luck. If you try to illegally get thru the gate many people will call the police. I've had that happen a few times. I'd recommend parking your vehicle and walking the complex. The dicey ones are senior centers with security. With all the crap going on in the world many people will call security on you. I've also seen a rise in people following me around smaller neighborhoods if they see me driving around several times.Labesky thats not true. If you go to the from desk 95% of the time they'll call the person right then and say somebody here to see you. The senior will say" I don't know him. These events are bigger problems in highly populated areas were most apartment complexes have gates.

If there is a gatekeeper you just have to play by the rules if it's just the call box it's roll the dice. One could always just stand there and wait until someone comes or goes and proceed forward at that point....

I never door knock those. But if I did, I would just follow someone in or buzz everyone until someone lets me in. "It's the Surance Man! I'm here!"

Thanks!.......any other ideas are welcome! I have been really struggling to make contact because out of 228 leads in 11 weeks.... 109 have been to security buzzered Senior apts!!! Only 50% ACTUALLY PICK UP THEIR PHONE.....but, I have managed to write a little over $20K of A/P, so far! However, I know I could easily DOUBLE my production if I could make contact!:idea:

Some people you're NEVER going to reach it might be a buzzer is may be another reason but you can't get stuck in it.

Baseball7....I have had a few people bitch me out for calling so many times and not leaving a message. These are some of the same people I have also doorknocked 2-3X who weren't home.

I am hoping that working in a new county in a more rural area will provide more leads that are either smaller apt. buildings & homes or mobile homes. With 25 fresh leads per week I know I am capable of $15,000+ of A/P monthly!

The same people that if you DK would say "make an apt with me" and when you ask whats on there agenda today. They look at you like "agenda? I'm just to busy to talk I'm laying down right now."

Thanks!.......any other ideas are welcome! I have been really struggling to make contact because out of 228 leads in 11 weeks.... 109 have been to security buzzered Senior apts!!! Only 50% ACTUALLY PICK UP THEIR PHONE.....but, I have managed to write a little over $20K of A/P, so far! However, I know I could easily DOUBLE my production if I could make contact!:idea:

Income filter your leads and move out of the inner city. But if you have that many leads, there are bound to be several in the same complex. Go have a discussion with the manager and sell her on what you do. That's always got me in the door.

Back