Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

As the light changed from red to green to yellow to red again I sat there contemplating life.
Was it nothing more than honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

If you go parachuting, and your parachute doesn't open, and you friends are all watching you fall, I think a funny gag would be to pretend you were swimming.

~Jack Handey

Definitely good cast back then.
I also favor (besides the obvious early ones), Will Ferrell's era. "I need more cowbell" or celebrity Jeopardy amongst my faves.

Oh...and can't go wrong with Chris Farley either.

My favorite:

"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh no,' I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' "He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. 'I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." -Jack Handey

I hope that life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.
-Jack Handey

Awesome post Cindy!!

----------

I'm a fan but more impressed that your auto-correct spelled Handey correctly.

Actually it didnt, I had to add the E lol:D

----------

My favorite:

"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh no,' I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' "He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. 'I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." -Jack Handey

I kinda remember that one, I laughed so hard I cried.

----------

I'd respond but I'm afraid my respond would be considered snarky.

Rick

Or maybe an offer:D:D:D The forum police force are strong with this one Rick. I really dont get it. Everyone can make an offer, then all of a sudden no one can make an offer:D:D

Oh...and can't go wrong with Chris Farley either.

I got to know Farley a little bit during '97-98 when he would visit a fat farm in the golf club community where I was working. We got to know him pretty well when he used to go on jail break from the clinic. He was unbelievable. He was so outrageous, I would get a headache from laughing so much.

And it was dangerous to be anywhere near him because anything and everything close by was a prop for his antics. He was on stage 24/7. He came out with us one night to a local bar and out of no where grabbed a pool cue, went to the far side of the table and started acting like he was in a wheel chair playing pool. No reason for it to be funny other than all the mannerisms and facial expressions but I remember adult men laughing so much they were high fiving each other.

30 minutes later we were back at the house and he was in tears reliving a sad memory of being picked on as a child.

Back