Dettlers Goes Live April 3.

Insulin.....hmmmm, that's one thing that I haven't smoked. My dad told me that when he was 8, they would smoke the dried up leaves off grape vines. Those Arkansas hillbillies would smoke about anything, but I doubt he ever smoked any of that there insulin stuff.:twitchy:

I'll have to be more careful when I tease somebody.:yes:

As kids we smoked the rabbit tobacco and the Catawba cigars..

Rabbit tobacco can be used medicinally in several ways. Smoking the leaves is good for sinusitis, head colds, and congestion. In hot teas, it is used to treat sore throats, fevers, diarrhea, colds, flu, pneumonia, asthma, and coughs, as well as a mild nerve sedative, a diuretic, and an antispasmodic.

It is known by many other names: life everlasting, sweet balsam, white balsam, sweet cudweed, cat's foot, fragrant everlasting, indian posy, etc.

When my in-laws were living we were leaving a restaurant and they spotted a plant growing outside. Mother-in-law said "That's rabbit tobacco". Father-in-law correct her by calling it life everlasting.

The were salt of the earth people from east Tennessee. I doubt they could pronounce gnaphalium obtusifolium which sounds like an STD.

Back