Direct Mail Companies

What RGI does that other set price vendors don't do is create consistency for the agent. That is the biggest factor to making the agent's business repeatable and successful.

The agent will determine how many leads he can work weekly. Usually most agents will fall between 25 to 30 leads weekly to write $3,000 to $4,000 average.

So my job when running an RGI lead program is to get your target number of leads into your hands every Friday morning. No more, no less. That way you have the same lead cost every week. You start your new leads the same day every week. And your processes become smooth and repeatable.

That consistancy of quality leads coming in the same day and same number is the #1 benefit of the RGI system. The lead card wording, ages, incomes, etc are all debatable. Some agents like specific wording. Some like vague wording. Some like them a little richer. Some like them a little poorer. Some like tighter ages and don't mind working a bigger area. Others want to work closer to home and expand the ages they will work. Those are all choices that the agents will debate till the end of time. But EVERYONE knows that having the consistent number of leads to work every week is a huge factor in the success of the system.

And that is the part that can not be recreated by lead vendors working with individual agents. At any given time we have several hundred thousand dollars floating in keeping this system running the way it does for our agents. It's still not perfect 100% but it's real good. And better than anything else I've seen.

No doubt Newby. The consistency is all that matters . People will always debate the filters and wording. I always say try everything and do what works best for you.

I agree!

The Insurance Squad has some of the highest producing agents in the FE arena. Most of them use the card that DOES NOT say "life insurance". We found that clients don't read that far down the lead card to even notice it.

We believe there are other things WAY more important to get AP up but having "life insurance" isn't one of them.

I agree!

The Insurance Squad has some of the highest producing agents in the FE arena. Most of them use the card that DOES NOT say "life insurance" on the card. We found that clients don't read that far down the lead card to even notice it.

We believe there are other things WAY more important to get AP up but having "life insurance" isn't one of them.

I agree. I prefer the card to not say life insurance. There was a time when I did want it on there but that was years ago.

And for income, I don't want a filter on the bottom. And $40K for the top is fine with me.

As Scott said, the beauty of a fixed lead program is in the consistency. It's not about what the card says.

Scott came late to that party. I've been saying that for years about the consistency. I always said that about the EFES lead program. Getting the same number of leads in my box every Sat morning in the same county was the key to being successful. Those leads did say "life insurance" on them but it was still about them being regular, not the wording.

It took Scott seeing the RGI program in action for him to come around to what was being said. Now he's a believer.:)

I've used just about every DM program out there. I designed my own lead back when I used MSPM. That was even before I went to EFES. I've done price per 1000 and I've done set price with just about every vendor.

And had success with them all. I even bought into the notion that you need to rotate your areas of mail until I learned that it didn't matter unless all your competitors rotated with you on the same schedule.

No matter where the leads come from, the wording on the lead card or the filters, the main thing is getting your requested number of leads every week and that they be in the area you are working.

Target on Spur. Every card is just an excuse for me to see them. What it says is irrelevant . To me the 55-79 and income filters to filter some dirt poor are more important. I suggest every new agent take a targeted list and cold knock 50 doors a day while waiting for your Dm leads . It will toughen you up so when you get Dm leads you're battle tough and ready to go day 1.

Target on Spur. Every card is just an excuse for me to see them. What it says is irrelevant . To me the 55-79 and income filters to filter some dirt poor are more important. I suggest every new agent take a targeted list and cold knock 50 doors a day while waiting for your Dm leads . It will toughen you up so when you get Dm leads you're battle tough and ready to go day 1.

Yeah man, when it comes down to it, a DM lead is just an excuse to get in front of the prospect. During our first year, the Generic E64 was the card to use!

Before we started calling to set up appointments, my preference was a lead that did NOT say "life insurance" on it.

This was because those 2 words were actually a great excuse for the prospect answering the door to say "ohh, this is life insurance?, I already have that taken care of" and then in the face slams the door! lol

----------

I agree!

The Insurance Squad has some of the highest producing agents in the FE arena. Most of them use the card that DOES NOT say "life insurance". We found that clients don't read that far down the lead card to even notice it.

Makes sense to me!

For some reason I thought you were suggesting that the guys on "the Squad" use the same card that you and I use...

Or did you stop using the card that says "life insurance" on it?

Which card does your number one agent "Springbokhouston" here on the forums use?

Need a lead: $29 fixed cost, ages 50-85

Lead Connections: $31 per lead, E64, 55-80 ages, 10-50k income

Me: $28 fixed cost, 58-76 ages, 10k-40k income

You decide :)

Nice... Is this the same lead that you mentioned in another thread where you Guarantee a 10x to 20x return on Investment?

Jd just curious why you like 0 income? I run into to people that can hardly feed themselves and live in filth in the zero income band.Burial ins is the last thing on their mind unless its "free"

Back