Direct Mail Increase

Ben, we had 6 agents win trips this past year. Some of them had "affordable life insurance" and others did not. And I've been telling the agents that worked affordable life insurance for a long time to drop that lingo and save that $ well before any price increase. Just ask em!

Let me ask you, how many agents did you have win trips this past year?

I know that the majority of your agents wrote with security national because halfway through the year you were telling people that you had more agents on pace to win that trip than anyone else. So how many ended up winning under your tutelage and counsel?

I know your guys love Trinity too but I know you didn't have anybody win that trip either. So all that flying around the country "training agents" is for what? It sounds "SPECIAL" but what has been the end result of all the years of doing that? I rather pay to fly out to train with a guy like Travis that has PROVEN to create monsters in the final expense business than to have you fly to my backyard and train me for free. Maybe that makes me the crazy one, I don't know.

So when I'm in Alaska & you're in Mississippi I doubt I will be mapping out a game plan to seek your guidance and expert advice on anything.

I do give you one thing. You have fooled many people & have talked to your way to the top. For that, I give you credit.

I'm done with this thread.

I had agents win trips also! I just don't come on this forum to post my agents numbers and how we are so great all the time! Most of your agents that won those trips are with me now or on their way to me. Says a lot about what you do.

Also lets be real here...EVERY agent that has left you and came over to me is taking 45-50 DM per week. Taking 50 DM an agent BETTER be winning trips. I have an agent in your state that did 187,000 in AP and did not win a single trip!

It is the same story from all your agents I talk to. "I signed up with him because he talked about how he turns out 400k producers and he guarantees I will be one also". Then once they sign up, it is "buy 40-50 DM each week and work hard and it will come". They get no training, no support or anything. You only want to talk to them when they email you they are leaving.

Your top guys that moved over can speak for themselves, but they were SHOCKED when they got to my group. DAILY contact and support and the fact that they are getting beat by agents taking 20 DM per week. I don't teach agents to "buy their way to success" like you do.

SNL had a lot of drafting issues and it caused my agents that were on pace to hit the trip shift to other companies. This was their choice and not mine.

The biggest difference in me and you is that I back up every single thing I tell my agents. You tell them whatever it takes to get them over to you and don't care what happens what they get there. I truly CARE about my people and help them!

The couple agents you took from me have already reached back out to me about coming back to me. They said they were completely lied to about joining you. No support, no training or anything. Your solution...BUY MORE LEADS!

I have an agent on pace to do 180k this year (already over 90k) and only takes 20 leads. You brag about these agents doing 200k but they are taking 50 leads.

So your numbers might look good for your agents, but my agents accounts look good, which is all that matters!

----------

Also you act like you give all agents street level...I want to shed some light on this.

I got an agent from Mungia that was taking 50 DM per week and hitting 7-8k per week in AP. This agent was on a 85% contract! No wonder you can buy an i8 and pay a professional photographer to come take pictures of you and your car to post all over the internet!

You keep ripping agents off and buying toys and I will keep giving agents a great deal and spending my over rides to go visit them, help them, increase training programs, and move their levels up!

Also if you are giving agents such low comp, why do you have to make money ($3) on every single appointment they get? Can you explain that?

IMG_0019.jpg

^^^They better be winning trips! You have at least 30-40 agents on DM and they are required to go on so many DM....why only 6 that won trips? And why are most of those 6 leaving you???

Good lord, 50 leads a week? At what point are you ar over kill.

That's how he gets these big numbers. He doesn't care if his agents spend 280k to write 300k. His over rides don't have lead costs, gas, etc. in them.

He has screwed over so many people in this business that I have heard from. Unfortunately they don't know anything about the forum. He did it to me and Doug while we were all with the same group. Now that he is getting beat up some, he wants to come here and start being all friendly and buddy buddy...

If that was LH or another bad group, they would get eaten alive. He offers lower comp than LH and offers way less support and training. I just want new agents to know about him if they are reading here.

I think its key to find your balance. Can you write 4-6k off 20 leads? Perfect. But if your burning through 30 DM leads to submit 4k a week its not a lead issue....

I've talked to 'company named after a president' producers before that qualified for there trip,(80k-ish) and were dead broke. Trips are nice, leads are good but there are so many shell games
You can play with 'numbers' its silly.

I had a number of months where I was running 50 leads a week, but I was also able to sell in excess of 40k on a few of those months. My main reason for running the larger amount of leads was due to the area that I was working. I was mailing 10 counties in South Texas and many times had to drive 2 or 3 hours to get to my first appointment. I prefer to walk out with a bunch of scheduled appointments when I'm going to be on the road all day. Door knocking isn't always feasible when you're working a large area...Anyway it worked for me.

I am also a big believer in filters. It's simple math really, if you're paying $6 more per lead to have all the filters and verbage the way you like it, then you literally only need to make 1 more sale per 100 leads to break even on those filters. I WILL take every advantage to get me in front of a more qualified client and I am prepared to spend a little extra to be there. I guarantee you that you will sell a higher percentage of FE when using filters.

Now, that being said, since I started cross selling Medicare products I'm LESS sensitive to adding filters because almost everyone is interested in receiving help with their healthcare. I cut my leads down to 40 a week towards the end of last year as my ROI increased with the cross selling.

It's really up to each agent how they want to work but in my humble opinion I'd rather be the guy with the gun in a knife fight. At EFES/Boman Agency we have the "Affordable" card with all the filters for $33/lead.

----------

Certain people will claim that the basic "free benefits" lead is the way to go. The only reason that they say that is to squeeze more agents into a tighter area in order to increase their override. PS, certain people also do not use the base lead that they tell everyone else to run.

There's no doubt that some killers can go out and make plenty on those leads, but it's a massive hurdle for new agents to overcome. The base EFES lead says "LIFE INSURANCE" right there on the card for $28/lead.

Back