Direct Mail Increase

bboman23

601-938-7663 - [email protected]
5000 Post Club
Mississippi
I know several people on here use RGI for DM and I've had several agents tell me their lead prices went up to $43 per lead for the affordable life card. Was this an RGI increase across the board or just with one IMO? I didn't say anything because agents can easily make stuff up, but I've had 8-10 agents contact me now about it so there has to be some truth to it I'm guessing.

I know several people on here use RGI for DM and I've had several agents tell me their lead prices went up to $43 per lead for the affordable life card. Was this an RGI increase across the board or just with one IMO? I didn't say anything because agents can easily make stuff up, but I've had 8-10 agents contact me now about it so there has to be some truth to it I'm guessing.

I am with 360 and this is not accurate info for us. Not unless I missed the memo. There were some changes but not too this extent.

What about the FEX guys and anyone else who uses RGI through another source? Are u guys seeing increases

I am with 360 and this is not accurate info for us. Not unless I missed the memo. There were some changes but not too this extent.

What about the FEX guys and anyone else who uses RGI through another source? Are u guys seeing increases

Yea I figured it wasn't accurate but then it was too many people calling me and saying it. Affordable Life with filters was either $41 or $43 now they said. Can't remember which.

What exactly were the "changes" at 360?

Mass Saturation is setting in.I run into so many people who tell me they get 5 plus of these cards a month and were just curious what it is. At $43 Most agents will not be profitable are barely profitable.

No recent changes at FexContracting. We use RGI. Our base card is still $25 and you add the additional filters from there. The "life insurance" on the card is $1.50 upgrade and "affordable life insurance" is another $1 over that.

Our most popular card is $27.50

We shuffled pricing just a bit last July. That $27.50 card used to be $26 until then. That's the only rate change we ever had but our prices had been lower than everyone else's the first two years.

Each agency sets their own pricing. RGI just does the mailings. The agencies run it how they want and charge what they want. We run it barely above our actual cost to try to just break even on the leads. Some run it at a profit. There may be some that run it under cost or even as free leads and make more spread on over rides. There are a lot of agencies mailing through RGI so there are a lot of different ways to run it.

Just like giving credit on bad leads. Ours are done instantly. I hear from agents all the time that their lead credits can take a month or two to get if they ever get it. That's a lot of money the agent is putting out if his leads aren't credited quickly.

Mass Saturation is setting in.I run into so many people who tell me they get 5 plus of these cards a month and were just curious what it is. At $43 Most agents will not be profitable are barely profitable.

That's not new. That's been the case as long as I've been in this business.

The postal service raised rates recently. That will increase the cost of mailers.

We haven't been told of an increase with RGI yet but I certainly expect one since there was a postal rate increase.

Simple math, on a 1% return a 1 cent increase on a stamp is a $1 increase per lead.

Even if Rgi raised the lead cost to $35-$40 i'm sure many Imo's will look at cost sharing. They'd much rather give up 3-5% of their override and keep a $150k producer profitable than risk losing him. But then again a ton of Imo's are greedy.There's one well known Imo that has made a fortune in overrides and does zero and i mean zero for his agents.An Imo that provides no value will lose his agents.

Even if Rgi raised the lead cost to $35-$40 i'm sure many Imo's will look at cost sharing. They'd much rather give up 3-5% of their override and keep a $150k producer profitable than risk losing him. But then again a ton of Imo's are greedy.There's one well known Imo that has made a fortune in overrides and does zero and i mean zero for his agents.An Imo that provides no value will lose his agents.

Yea I know of a few like that. Their strategy is to make up lies about the competition in hopes people will believe them!

----------

No recent changes at FexContracting. We use RGI. Our base card is still $25 and you add the additional filters from there. The "life insurance" on the card is $1.50 upgrade and "affordable life insurance" is another $1 over that.

Our most popular card is $27.50

We shuffled pricing just a bit last July. That $27.50 card used to be $26 until then. That's the only rate change we ever had but our prices had been lower than everyone else's the first two years.

Each agency sets their own pricing. RGI just does the mailings. The agencies run it how they want and charge what they want. We run it barely above our actual cost to try to just break even on the leads. Some run it at a profit. There may be some that run it under cost or even as free leads and make more spread on over rides. There are a lot of agencies mailing through RGI so there are a lot of different ways to run it.

Just like giving credit on bad leads. Ours are done instantly. I hear from agents all the time that their lead credits can take a month or two to get if they ever get it. That's a lot of money the agent is putting out if his leads aren't credited quickly.

Ok makes sense. Wasn't sure if it was all of RGI or just certain IMOs. Yea my agents hated waiting 6 months for Lead credits. I love the program at EFES since it's done as soon as you ask for the credit.

And I was sent proof last night of the increase. It's not a $1 or so increase. It's a BIG increase on the affordable life card which most of the successful agents there use.

Back