Direct Mail Response Rates

RBHAGENT

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
What is everyone's take on the response rates of final expense direct mail leads from October 2012 to now? We are seeing a major decrease in lead response from about 1% down to .03%? Do you guys see this as the election mixed with open enrollment, or just the time of year??

We are testing 6 different lead mailers currently and I'm finding similar results. Maybe a final expense Guru can shed some light for me.

Thanks guys!

This is a terrible time of the year to be doing direct mail for FE.

You could be seeing a lower response rate because every senior in the country is getting 4-6 pieces a day from Medicare Advantage carriers and your pieces are getting "lost."

Rick

What other sources do you see success with this time of year?

Nearly every agency I know of that doesn't do medicare just waits it out. Cold calling works on some products, but doing direct mail for FE this time of year is a sucker's bet. Medicare agents are stuck with it because of Congress.

WOW, .3% .... Rediculous! Would those of you who actually do your own drops chime in? I'm about to do my own 2000 piece drop and if it's that bad, I could be knocked out of the game all together.. It's good to hear from the guys who are with EFES and Securus but I would really like to hear from the guys who Drop On Their Own, PLEASE, what percentage can I expect to see returned if I drop TODAY? thanks....

When I was at AIL they wouldn't do mail this time of year either, just rework old leads or vacation.

How about annuity leads that reference social security changes, I have seen kramer has some new ones and they are quoting response rates of 5% in Florida. The interest could be high with potential repeal of the bush tax cuts.

Senior Life is dropped 2 counties for 4 of my field agents 2 weeks ago, and is dropping another county in about 1 week.

I don't know what the average response rates are for FE this time of year, but the CEO says "an agent without leads is an agent out of the business". I'm glad they take the risk out of the equation for me, similiar to what EFES and Securus do for their agents.

We are still developing high quality leads daily through our telemarketing dept and hiring more marketers to keep the flow up. Today alone our in office agents each got 7-10 new leads that were developed today alone. Tele leads that are done in house can be controlled. Where as DM leads this time of year need deep, deep pockets to keep up with the low returns.

But tele leads are difficult to produce any time of the year in a small market. But if you are looking to supplement your DM for this time of the year with some Tele leads, I have a guys name and number that can help you. Not us. Again...not us so before the claws come out I need to state that. This is guy is endorsed by Mark Rosenthal. PM if you want his and number. It's good to have a mix especially this time of year.

Back